Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3: Natalie opened her eyes slowly and reluctantly.

The first thing she saw was a marble ceiling with a beautiful mural painted in the deepest darkest blues and golds in soft down strokes.

She traced it with her gaze, not wanting to move with the terror that coursed through her body with the knowledge of what had happened.

 She had been kidnapped.

The very thought made her think she was going insane because what would anyone want to do with her? She was just a poor waitress with a rough past.

 It's not like there was any ransom her captors would get.

Maybe a sex slave? The thought made her eyes well with tears of horror and fright and that was the final thought that made her get moving.

She sat up, looked around the room.

The floor was beige marble with accents of deep amber, the walls were a soft ivory and the chandelier that hung down from the middle of the mural in the ceiling was definitely antique. She needed to get out of here before somebody came back. She wondered what time it was and how long she had been out, if Ciara had even noticed that she had gone missing.

Standing, her head gave a throb and the room spun for a moment and she used the large canopy bed post as support until the spinning stopped.

She looked over and saw a large window that had a large balcony she ran over to them and tried to open them.

Locked.

 She let out a frustrated growl as tears began to form in her eyes, hot and harsh.

 She pulled at them only to have nothing happened. She looked over at the nightstand and found a large, beautiful vase.

She winced at the thought of breaking it, but she needed to get out and if that meant destroying the most beautiful vase she had ever seen and probably ever would see, then so be it.

She ran over and picked it up and then ran over to the large set of windows. She brought up her arms to bring it down, but stopped when a locked clicked and the bedroom door opened.

She took in a sharp breath and froze.

 It was the same man who had grabbed her and knew her name.

Her eyes widened as fear shot through her once again.

The man looked up and he froze too. His gaze landed on her and then on the vase and he paled as his hand shot out.

 Natalie backed up, holding the vase tightly to her.

"Arresto! Arresto! No! Don't!" he shouted and she blinked and looked at the vase in her hands.

He was worried about the vase? She fought the rising urge to giggle.

 "WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH ME?" Natalie shouted as she clutched the vase tighter. The man watched every movement intently and swallowed hard.

 "We will explain! Just put down the vase!" he said and her eyes narrowed and slowly she lowered the vase and set it back down onto the nightstand.

He seemed to breathe a sigh of relief, his large shoulders slumping with relief.

"Explain, now what is going on or you will be one less vase... I swear TO GOD!" She growled and he glared at her before tossing her a white silk lace robe.