"Don't encourage them!" Laughing, she cradles her stomach in her hands before looking down at it, turning to walk into the bathroom. "Don't listen to him — he's just impatient. Mommy says you can take all the time you want before you come and meet us."

It feels like torture not reaching up into the top of the closet where Murphy cant reach and finding the small velvet box.

The velvet box with the vintage engagement ring meant for Murphy.

Meant for the mother of my child.

The love of my life.

Not long after we moved in, I went out and bought the ring for her. One that I fully planned to put on her finger and never take off — one that I planned to show her that loving her forever was the only thing I wanted to do.

Every single time she talks to our baby I have to force myself not to break down and do it.

To just drop down on my knees and beg her to say yes.

To spend a life with me.

To grow old with me.

Instead, I look up at the pair of shoes that have never been worn on the very top shelf, thinking about the ring sitting inside of them.

With a long breath, I follow the sound of Murphy's voice telling our baby how much they are going to love ramen.

Soon, I tell myself.

Soon.

Working with Murphy is still just as intimidating as it has always been.

It was amazing to watch how she took command of a boardroom and captivated people day in and day out.
She was the kind of person who knew what she wanted and wouldn't stop until she got it.

Today I watched her close a deal that would bring over three million dollars worth of revenue into the company we worked for and she didn't even bat an eyelash.

Hard work was wired throughout her body and it was evident in the way she carried herself. Even now, just a few weeks away from her maternity leave, she was determined to be the first one at the office and the last one to leave.

Most days I had to all but drag her out to get her home.

Except today.

We walk hand in hand to the newer ramen restaurant a couple of blocks away from the office, a place Murphy has been talking about non stop for the last couple of weeks.

"I'm so excited!" Squeezing my hand, she bites down in her bottom lip. "I haven't seen a single bad review about this place since it opened."

Pressing a kiss to her lips, I smile down at her. "Let's get you some food then, okay momma?"

"I like the way you think." Patting her belly, she lets go of my hand to slide her arm around my waist. "Nugget might need a cannoli after."

My head shakes with my laughter as I press a kiss to her cheek. "Of course they do. I wouldn't expect anything different."

What normally would have easily been a forty five minute to an hour wait is cut down to only ten when I give the hostess my name. I made sure to put a reservation in as soon as I got to the office this morning, knowing Murphy wanted to come here.

"I think that we should install the car seats this weekend." Murphy pulls out her phone, looking at the to-do list we made together. "We could mark that off the list."

Leaning over her shoulder I read over the list. "It looks like that's the last big thing we need to do. I mean, we need to pack our hospital bags but we still have enough time to do that."