THIRTY THREE

Murphy

"Why do you look so sad?"

Harry looks at me from his spot at the kitchen counter as I come into the room and head straight to the refrigerator

My stomach growls as I reach for the creamer and pull out the box of cannolis and set them next to the cup of coffee poured out for me.

Recently I've been extra picky about my coffee, hating if it's too sweet or not sweet enough. So instead of making it for me, Harry pours it out in my cup and lets me make it how I want.

Taking a big bite of my cannoli, I look out of the floor to ceiling windows of my apartment and let out a deep breath. "My favorite pair of jeans don't fit and I'm sad about it."

"Here." Reaching into the pocket of his pants, he pulls out his wallet and slides his card across to me. "Go get a couple new pairs."

"I don't need this." Turning the card over in my fingers, I glare at him. "You know that I can buy my own pants right?"

Harry shrugs as he cleans off his plate, placing it in the dishwasher before pressing a kiss to my cheek. "I know you can... But let me spoil you for once? You never let me do that."

"Fine." I roll my eyes as I turn towards him and press a kiss to his heart shaped lips. "Don't be surprised when you find cash under your pillow."

Harry reaches down, slapping my ass over the top of my leggings before grabbing a lewd handful. "Besides, I like the way this looks in them. Sue me."

"I can't stand you." Taking a long drink of my coffee. "What are your plans today?"

Leaning next to me he goes over his plans for the day that include going out with my brothers to a hockey game. Something they've been doing for the last few months.

We got back from London a few months ago and things with Harry are better than I could have ever even imagined them being. Most of the time we go back and forth with staying at each other's places, but at the same time we both understand needing our time to ourselves.

Never have I ever felt so cared for by another person.

My relationship with him was so safe and so healthy. It really shines a light on the way I had let other people treat me in the past and has created a blueprint for what I deserve moving forward.

Sometimes it feels like everything with us has moved so fast, yet at the same time it doesn't.

"I'm going to pretend that you getting to go to a hockey game without me doesn't make me sad." Taking another bite out of my cannoli, I watch as he rolls his eyes.

"We can just go to a game on our next date night." Harry reaches over and cups my jaw, dropping his lips to mine. "What are your plans?"

"Well, since the boys are coming into the city Sara and I are planning to do a little bit of shopping... I was going to grab your birthday present but I guess I'm going to get some new jeans while I'm out."

He smiles. "I can't wait to see what you buy. You'll have to give me a fashion show when I get home."

"It's not like it'll be anything special, Harry. I only need jeans." Laughing, I dump the rest of my coffee into the sink from the off taste. "You don't want a fashion show for that."

Wrapping his arms around me and turning us around so that his body presses mine into the counter, he drops his lips to the exposed skin of my neck above my sweater.

"I don't know why you think I don't love this body in anything — like I don't want you to show it off for me." His voice is low. "I love you and I love everything about you. So yeah, I wanna see the jeans when I get home."