17:spite

Darkness. you saw nothing bit darkness, apart from tiny specks of white that cradled your vision you looked down at your hands...

why were they red?

You blinked, entering consciousness once again as you felt something warm press against your chest. You looked up and past your bangs to see Navy, seemingly about to kiss you.

You grabbed Navy by her sides and picked her up, catching her by surprise. "My [Y/n]! You're awake!" Navy stuttered, blushing a blood red.

"What were you watching last night?" You asked, chuckling lightly as you sat up. "Oh! It was this wonderful film called Sleeping Beauty!" Navy smiled as you got up and walked over to your closet. "Really? What's it about?" You asked, cursing yourself for letting Navy watch Disney.

Navy began to talk about the film she watched in full detail, though she couldn't remember the start of the film very much. You told Navy to turn, to which she obliged easily, still talking about the film.

You took off your clothes and put on a [F/c] short sleeve shirt and a black/white long skirt before letting Navy turn around to face you.

You beckoned Navy out of the room as you walked to the kitchen. Once Navy finished her ranting about Sleeping Beauty, you decided to ask if she wanted to try breakfast.

"But don't we have to meet Steven, now?" Navy asked, tilting her head as she sat up on a seat in the dining room.

"Steven can wait, he's probably not even up at this time." You shrugged, taking a few eggs from the carton. Navy hummed and tapped the table a few times as you started to cook.

Once you finished, you placed two plates of eggs and pancakes on the table, one infront of Navy and another infront of your seat. You placed a fork next to Navy's and your plate, sitting down in your chair.

You took Navy's fork and sliced her pancake into tiny pieces, Navy watched with interest. Once you were done, you pulled back, placing Navy's fork back down on her plate and turned to your plate.

You grabbed the syrup and drizzled it over Navy's pancakes then yours. You grabbed your fork and began to cut your pancakes.

You stabbed a pice of pancake with your fork, slathering it in syrup and lifted it to your mouth. Navy watched you eat, and replicated you. As soon as the flavor hit Navy's  tongue, she smiled and ate the breakfast food faster.

Once you both were done, you took both you and Navy's plate and put them in the sink. "Maybe now we can leave." You muttered, looking at the window to see the bright sun beyond the trees.

"Come on Ruby, Steven is probably awake now." You said, opening the front door. Navy hopped up from her seat and followed you out of the house.

-----

You made it to the barn right before Steven showed up. "Oh! [Y/n]! And Navy, you're here!" Steven said, picking up his pace as he saw a blur of [s/c] and red beside it. Steven walked up to you and Navy with a bright smile. "You can live with Lapis and Peridot!"

"Wonderful! where are they?" Navy asked, looking around. "They're usually out in the field, follow me!" Steven said walking inside the cornfield, waiting for the other two to follow.

Once you made it through the  field of corn Steven met up with the two gems on the tractor.

"Look, there's a star." The green gem pointed to the rising sun, peaking out from the valley.

"Lapis, Peridot!" Steven called to get the two's attention, to which he had gotten.

"Steven! back again." Peridot hopped off the tractor to greet him, while Lapis just flew off, Both the gems hesitated a bit as they saw you. "Y/n." Peridot was the one to acknowledge you, nodding towards you. You nodded back.

"You should move in with us at this point." Peridot comments and Seven laughs. "Not me, but someone else might be willing." Lapis raised an eyebrow, in slight disbelif

"Really? Who?"
Navy poked out from your legs and waved at the two, a bit nervously. "..Hi..!"

Before anyone could speak Steven started. "now before you say anything, Navy us completely fine, she's not like the other rubies, She's nice I swear!" Steven backed Navy up.

There was an air of silence before Peridot spoke. "New Roomie!" Peridot said happily before Lapis interuppted. "Woah woah woah, Steven. Can talk about this?" Peridot rolled her eyes.
"Yea sure I love talking."
Peridot said as she was pulled into a circle with Steven by Lapis.

Navy looked up at you. You looked back to Navy and crouch expecting the little Ruby to speak.

Navy pressed her fingers together. "I kinda... Want to stay with you." Navy says, looking up at you with her big eyes. you thought for a moment.

Your first thought was to just tell Steven. but then, the ugly thoughts filtered into your head. the rude awakening of spite gripped at your reasoning. Perhaps... a little trick has to be played... just so they have something to think about...

"Come little ruby, I have a plan."

ohh, this Revenge will feel good.

[A/N: I'd never thoight i'd see the day that this fic would be updated... kinda baffled, but i made a new cover, hope you guys like that. -Bee]