9: new form

Steven looked at the paper in his hands

Steven looked at the paper in his hands. the boy smiled and looked up at Garnet. "She seems nice! Don't ya think?" He asked, Garnet slowly nodded looked away from the forest and down at the boy.

"Do you think she's gonna be okay? Some of those homeworld gems are terrible."
Ever since Malachite, Lapis has been a bit uneasy about other homeworld gems, these Rubies were no exception.

It made Lapis wonder, how did you have those Rubies under your collective thumb?

Watching you handle the Rubies almost looked like a owner training their dogs with positive reinforcement, in a good way of course. It surprised Lapis that someone who wasn't even a gem, could have such a relationship with gems.

"Most likely those Rubies didn't seem hostile towards the [Y/N]." Pearl started, thinking back to the game. "In fact, they seemed more hostile to the gems who 'disrespected' them."

Pearl continues, recalling a moment in the game where the Rubies acted like sheathing dogs towards Ruby. "Not to mention, they do look quite similar to a Sapphire." Pearl ponders, it seemed like a thought passed by in her mind but she quickly shook her head and smiled at the boy.

"Not that it matters though, let us go back to the temple." Steven nodded, saying his goodbye to Peridot and Lapis, and started marching in the direction of the temple. The gems could only follow, taking glances back at the forest as one collective thing was on their mind.

Something was going on with those Rubies and you...

<~~~~~~>

The Rubies didn't know how long it's been since they hadn't been staring at Army's gem that laid on the floor, still radiating heat. The ship was deathly silent.

It had been long since Doc had put the ship on auto pilot. Now the only thing the Rubies could do was stare, and replay the moments prior. The clattering of Army's gem hitting the steel floor. The look of agonizing pain, like one being destabilized by Yellow diamond. The silence that followed.

Suddenly Army's gem started to float, glowing a burning bright light. Army's silhouette glowed, but then changed into another silhouette just slightly different from her own. The light died down. The Rubies gasped at their teammates new form.

Army still had her color pallet and normal form except

Her hair was more bristled, similar to a feline on edge, a [F/C] colored belt like fabric was fitted on her waist, and hanging from her neck was no longer the Yellow Diamond, instead it was a [F/C] six pointed star for some reason. Along with the white evil eye anklet on her ankle.

Tears still streamed from Army's eyes, like she was still crying even in her gem. Slowly, Army took slow deliberate breaths. She touched her chest, letting out a sigh of relief once she felt nothing but the dull pain in her chest.

"Ruby!"

Suddenly Army was crushed in a hug as the Rubies snapped out of their shock and began to hug the once destabilized Gem.

"We were so scared! We thought you were going to shatter!"
Navy cried. Army chuckled and smiled a bit. "You thought I was going to shatter? I though I was going to shatter." Army laughed in a sort of bitter way, everyone dispersed from the hug with Doc in front of Army. "Are you okay now? How did it feel? You said it hurt, but how much?" Doc asked, that was really the only thing on her mind.

It worried her to her gem when anyone wasn't able to communicate with the others.

Army looked down at her hands, attempting to recall the pain she had felt before she poofed. "It hurt....Like a lot... like when Yellow Diamond destabilizes gems...I....I think that's how they feel..." Army tried to describe, the Rubies listened.

"It's like getting your gem cracked like really bad and you just get this dread that you might shatter with even the slightest of touches ..." Amry looked up at the group, wiping her tears and letting her hands fall to her sides. "Atleast, that's how it felt to me.." Army snapped out of her solemn state, smiling awkwardly at the other Rubies. "B-but I'm fine now!"

The Rubies smiled back, attempting to push back the new information to the back of their heads. Doc was the first one to speak up after the short silence.

"So, what made you pick that." Doc pointed to Army's chest. Army looked down, noting the [F/C] six pointed star on her chest. "I-I don't know. But I do remember that our [Y/N], had told me her favorite color was [F/C], and this was her signal..." Army was telling the truth.

During a Baseball game to which she wasn't in. You sat beside her on the bench, and striked up a conversation.

"You know, my favorite color's actually [F/C]." You had said.

During another half time you pulled her aside, making the six star in the dirt with your hidden feet, stepping back so Army could see. "If you're ever in trouble on earth, draw this in the ground. I'll be there in a jiffy." It made Army laugh that you thought you were going to leave the Rubies, but it ended up that the Rubies left you.

The Rubies hummed nodding in understanding. "Does this mean we can't go to homeworld?" Naavy piped in. The Rubies looked at Navy in confusion.

"What do you mean?" Leggy asked, Navy looked away, then looked back at Army's new symbol.

"It's just...Ruby has a new symbol, it's not a yellow diamond it's a [F/C]...uh... that, wouldn't Yellow diamond get mad?"
Navy said, her voice getting more quiet, scratching the back of her head.

The Rubies remained silent as they thought. "I... I guess..." Doc says, her mind piecing the puzzle together. "Does that mean we can stay with [Y/N]?" Leggy asked.

Eyeball looked at Leggy and chuckled slightly.
"Maybe..."