8: they're really gone...

Once the Rubies were out of sight you let your hand fall to your side, tears trickling down your face at a more steady pace now

"Uhm are you alright?"

You tensed, right...you honestly forgot the 'human' posers were even there anymore. By you first guess they had to be gems, because of the unusual skin color and behavior throughout the game, but enough of them.

You wiped your tears quickly, spinning around to face the gems. "I apologize if I'm in your way, I'll be going now-" you were cut off. "Oh no no we didn't mean it like that. I- Are- are you okay?" Not really.

You nodded quickly.
"I'm fine, I knew this would be inevitable." You said, sniffling, it was true.

The moment you saw those Rubies you knew a bond would form between the six of you. But you also knew that they would depart from you in one way or another, but it was so soon and it tugged on your heart strings with how quick they left.

"Were you kidnapped by those homeworld gems, are you alright?" The tall blue gem asked, since you couldn't locate the gems gem, so you though it was on her back or something.

"I'll be fine, they didn't do anything to hurt me." You said, recalling the bitter nature of when you and the Rubies first met, and how that bitter nature quickly turned sweet and full of adoration towards you, their Sapphire.

"In fact those Rubies seemed to worship her."
You heard the pale tall gem mutter to the small boy Steven, looking at the gems gem, it look similar to the pearls you would find on occasions, and since the Rubies all had Rubies inbedded into their bodies and they were named Ruby, this gem had to be named Pearl. Simple logic, right?

"Sorry, I-I'm Steven. What's your name?" The small boy brushed off the Pearl's comments. Handing out his hand for you to take. You looked down at his hand and smiled.

"I'm [Y/N]. Nice to meet you Steven." You took Steven hand and shook it gently, making the boy go starry eyed at your [H/C] bangs.
"Are you a half gem half human like me? Are you a Sapphire!?"
The boy immediately took to questioning you, looking up to you with the biggest starry brown eyes. The tallest maroon gem placed a hand on the excited Steven's shoulder.

"Now, now, there is no other gem hybrids other then you, Steven. I doubt this [Y/N] would be an exception, unless my future vision is wrong." The tallest gem turned to you once she spoke her last statement. You shook your head softly.

"You are correct, I am human." You lied, nodding along with the tallest gem, making Steven deflate a little. "Then why'd those Rubies called you a Sapphire?" The boy asked, tilting his head. You shrugged, "It was too late to correct them when I realized it."