Shivaay was against this idea however at one corner of his heart he wanted to end this game all for good.

He had one life and he didn't want to carry any regrets about everything and anything.

__🖤__

Soon after the folks assembled below the huge banyan tree.

The elders had turned their faces not wanting to interact and then cause harm. Both sets, especially Shivaay's parents were glaring furiously at the other end. Whereas Shivaay dragged Annika with him wishing her to stay by him as he talked with Kritika. The elders left the younger ones to discuss the mishaps and let them conclude.

On the other hand, Annika plugged in her earbuds hearing the retelling of Mahabharata from Bishma's peculiar perspective and sat down a little farther two.

She didn't want to cling to him, not at least when she knew what he would speak.

He had assured her. And she knew him.

Obvious of the awkwardness, Shivaay cleared his throat and began. "Hope life is treating you well."

Kritika passed a nervous smile. "Kind of like that. With two daughters and another baby on the road, I have everything-"

Shivaay interfered with her words, "-except for peace and happiness." He completed the sentence.

Kritika was dumbfounded by his stinking remark that cut off the flesh of her heart. True to his words, she was void of happiness and peace in life and she wasn't dumb enough to accept that. To cover up, she proceeded with boosting. "My life is stabilized. Bungalow, penthouse, a handful of servants and excellent family. How are you doing? What are you working on?"

"Worked as an assistant professor for almost two years and now I'm a practising advocate, in divorce cases." He told. "Tell me if you want to divorce your man I shall help you to find an advocate." He laughed with his good-natured gentlemanliness.

"Remember our law and literature professor?" She asked and he nodded slightly recollecting the same. "She always told us that lawyers are too modest. They are brutally honest as they wrap the chappal with an expensive silk smooth cloth and slap the other person."

Shivaay laughed as she sarcastically pointed out his taunting. He tilted his head, as he intertwined his fingers with each other resting on his knees.

"You lawyers are too prideful and arrogant in nature."

"Well, aren't you one among us? 'The lawyers'?" Shivaay raised his brows as he air-quoted the last sentence.

"Not a dropout would be called so." She told. "How is life?" She urged him.

"It's nice actually, except for the therapy and its expense. Other than that it's nice. I got married five months ago, and life seems to be going in flow after hitting the rock. In professional development, I going great. Got LLM in international relations and law from a renowned university, and soon would be receiving my other degree in economics with honours. Presently I'm thinking to do masters in the Indian economy."

"Seems like you are flourishing! Awesome. May you be blessed with everything you wish." Her eyes tinkered with shine and hope as she congratulated him.