31 | my only plan

I SPENT THE REST OF THE DAY UNDER THE SHEETS.

After Cam brought us a set of towels, the sense of shiver stuck with me during the day. The ocean water was freezing, and it was still so early in the morning that the weather didn't heat up yet. Which meant I somehow managed to catch a cold during summer.

Though Cam claimed that the water wasn't that cold and that he brought me a towel within five minutes, which passed like an eternity for me, I insisted on spending the rest of the day in the bed, wrapped with a comforter and wearing the only cardigan I'd brought with me.

When Cam went out to bring me a warm drink from Lilith's café, I checked a few emails and replayed our earlier conversation in my mind.

Who'd have thought I could be such a bold person to speak my mind freely?

My confession wasn't even half of what I had planned, but it convinced Cam of my feelings.

It's my insecurity kicking in, he said.

Though we were black and white in most circumstances, I took comfort in knowing he was insecure about things as well beneath his easygoing, carefree attitude. Somehow, he always viewed me as unavailable and unreachable, so the idea of me loving him back came off as a joke to him.

I guess, no matter what we achieve in life, our childhood insecurities and fears don't leave us so quickly—there are monsters living under our beds, threatening to come out in any weak moments.

However, we'd finally sorted things out.

To an extent, my wise inner voice chimed in. You still need to figure out where this relationship is goingif there is a relationship at all.

We hadn't talked about anything yet—which was understandable since we only officially confessed our feelings a few hours ago—but it'd be nice to discuss it. If it were someone else, I'd wait and let it flow, but I knew we could talk about anything openly and figure it out with Cam.