CHAPTER 7

YEAR NINE - FRESHMAN AGE FIFTEEN

AGE FIFTEEN

"I can't believe you're making me come to a public school." Enzo complains.

I roll my eyes, "I didn't make you, you lost a bet."

"Still," Enzo says in annoyance. "A public school really?"

Enzo's only here because he lost a bet against Matteo and ended up at a public school with me.

My father wasn't overly impressed either when I said I wanted to go to a public school. But he agreed since Ezra told him to.

Ezra is really busy and has buried himself in his work, ever since his wife and daughter died.

But I asked Enzo if he would help me convince my father and knowing Enzo, he made it happen. I just didn't know it meant getting his dad involved.

My father has been a bit anxious since I'm going on the field this year. So getting on Ezra Romano good side is a way to make my father know if I fail I won't destroy some of the family name.

But in all honesty Enzo and I can't wait, we have been training ever since we were little. We know what we're doing.

We have both already killed our first man, so it's not that big of a deal.

"If it makes you feel better," I say patting his shoulder, "this is the most expensive public school in the state." I smile.

"Yeah, I feel so much better." Enzo says in a sarcastic tone.

"But seriously why are we here? Why did you insist on coming to some shitty public school?" Enzo continues.

Just as Enzo finishes talking, I hear the laugh I have been dying to hear ever since she moved away.

I turn around to see the person behind the laughter.

Jennie Watts, my Flower.

Besides from her height and a few other features that have matured over the years, she's still the same.

She's still as beautiful as I saw her when she was twelve.

Next to her is a girl I don't recognise she has the same height as Jennie , but her hair is black and her skin tone is light brown.

But looking back at Jennie even after three years, I could never let her go. I was promised to another yet my heart belonged to her.