"We don't need to," she said, opening the fridge. "My housekeeper always stocks it before I come back and she didn't disappoint."

Mateo raised an eyebrow. "So it's just in the Butte you decide to live off coffee and muffins, huh?"

"Yes," she said, closing the fridge as she bit her lip. "And I hire someone to shop for me when I'm here."

Mateo shook his head as he crossed his arms over his chest. "And here I thought you'd need to get used to the royal life, but you already live like a princess, don't you?"

"Listen," Maia huffed, sliding her hands to her hips. "I've worked very hard to live in comfort like this."

"I'm sure you have, my liefje," he said, slipping his arm around her waist and pulling her close. "And there's nothing wrong with it. I'm just happy I get to know this side of you."

"Good," she said, sliding her hands up his chest. "Because I want you to see all of me."

"Mm," he said, leaning down to her ear. "I'd like to see what you do in private, mijn prinses."

"We haven't finished the tour yet, mijn prins," Maia said, wrapping her arms around his shoulders. "I might show you some things."

"Please do," he said, sliding his hands over the curve of her ass. "I'd like to see where I'm sleeping tonight."

"I'm sure you would," she said, leaning up on her tiptoes, but frowned as she looked around him. "There's a camera poking out of my bushes."

"Don't look," Mateo said, catching her chin and turning her face back to his. "I'm sure it's the paparazzi. Our guards will take care of them, but before they do." He kissed the side of her mouth as he slid his hands to her waist and lifted her onto the island. "We should make a scene."

Maia's eyes filled with mischief as she wrapped her legs around his waist. "It's almost like you've done this before."

"Too many times," he murmured. "It's not a talent I'm proud of."

"Oh, I don't know," she said, kissing him softly. "It's kind of sexy right now."

Mateo's groin twitched at the sultry tone in her voice. "We really need to talk about your kinks, liefje," he said, gripping her hips. "Because this side of you is turning me on."

"We'll get to that, lekker ding," she said, catching his lips with hers.

"Yes we will," he murmured, drowning in the taste of her soft sweet lips.

Mateo sat his suitcase beside Maia's plush four poster bed with a mountain of pillows and sheer drapes tied to the thick posts and a smile graced his lips at the lavish, yet artful décor of her room

Mateo sat his suitcase beside Maia's plush four poster bed with a mountain of pillows and sheer drapes tied to the thick posts and a smile graced his lips at the lavish, yet artful décor of her room. He trailed his fingers over her vanity built into the wall between her the bookshelves and was neatly organized with little perfume bottles, make-up and jewelry.