"Are you...sulking?" Jules asked, surprised.

I let out a scoff. "You can have him all to yourself if you want. I don't care at all."

He gave me a concerned look. "Who? Wait, do you mean Cody or Killian? I thought you were sad 'casue we haven't been gaming that much."

"No! That's what I meant too..." Okay, I was officially behaving like an idiot. No way was he going to buy that.

"Ah sorry, I thought for a second you were jealous or something," Jules replied with a chuckle. I could only gape at him as he continued, "I didn't mean to cut you out. I'm gonna ask Killian what time he was planning on going tonight. You could always join us, of course."

"Um...I'm good." I wasn't jealous of Jules hanging out with Killian. Because that would be stupid. And I was smart. Yep. 

Speak of the devil.

Killian chose that moment to walk through the door. He ruffled his hair, a frown etched across his brows and suddenly an idea came to mind. This was my chance. Payback time.

I raised my hand, waved, and shouted, "Killy!"

It was hilarious to watch.

As if someone had pressed pause and then play, he stilled going white as a ghost. Then his head snapped up, searching, until those piercing eyes landed on me. They narrowed before he stalked in my direction like a predator catching sight of his prey.

Uh-oh.

A shiver ran down my spine. Was this the time to run? Yes. Yes, it was.

"Well, there he is," I quickly said to Jules. "You guys talk, I'll catch you at the library."

I ducked to the side and dashed to the second door, barely suppressing my laughter. Damn, Killian's face had been gold.

The exit was within reach when a hand grasped the back of my jacket and I was lifted. "Hey!"

"Well, well, well." Killian's husky voice spoke into my ear. "What do we have here?"

"Jules wanted to talk to you," I explained in an innocent tone. "You missed him. I'll just be on my way then," I trailed off at the dangerous glint in his eyes.

He reached past my head, opened the door, and then everything turned upside down as he strode out of the café with me dangling over his shoulder.

Oh, God.

I hid my face inside my hands but my shoulders shook from trying not to crack up. "Ki-Killy." I said in a shaky voice. "L-let me down."

His steps halted for a second but then he resumed walking.

"Killy!" I doubled up. Too bad I couldn't see his face.

"What's my name?"

Tears sprang into my eyes and my stomach started to hurt. His what-the fuck expression had been so worth it. "Killy," I managed to press out between laughs.

"I don't think so," he said in a wry tone.

I calmed down a bit when I noticed that the few students mingling around were all staring at us. "Kil-ly." I pressed my lips together. "Let me down. Everyone's looking."

"So? I don't think you've started seeing reason yet."

"Okay, okay fine!" My face was starting to flush. And it wasn't just because I was hanging upside down. "Killian. Let me down. Please?"

The world shifted and I was back on my feet, swaying. His hands grasped my shoulders.

I tried my best to glare but as soon as I looked up, my chin trembled. I quickly dropped my gaze.