"God, why are you back early anyway? It was more fun not seeing your face first thing after a tiring day at work."

Jungkook remains silent.

"I might just stand here longer and hope you suffocate on Seojoon hyung's scent."

"Seojoon hyung?"

"Yes, Seojoon hyung. He smells really good, you're just bitt-"

The words gets caught up in his throat as Jungkook rises to his feet abruptly, pulling Taehyung's wrist— who lets out a surprised gasp— and pushes him down on the couch.

The push is gentle, careful even.

However, it is strong enough to have Taehyung sit back on the couch.

Taehyung stares with wide eyes as Jungkook leans down and hovers over the omega, a small smirk on his lips.

"What? Why did you stop? What were you going to say?"

Jungkook whispers, leaning closer, his eyelids half open as his gaze lowers to the omega's lips.

When Taehyung says nothing, Jungkook speaks again.

"I'm just what? Bitter?"

Taehyung's mouth is dry, "Yes. You are bitter." His throat bobs as he tries to swallow.

The alpha lets out a small laugh— his nose rubbing against his cheek.

They were too close, if someone was to talk, the other would feel the movement against his own lips.

When the alpha starts to lean in closer, Taehyung parts his lips unconsciously before he dodges and leans into the crook of the omega's neck instead— nudging his skin with the tip of his nose.

Taehyung closes his eyes as if enchanted— unconsciously tilting his head to the side, allowing the alpha access.

The alpha draws closer, pressing his tongue flat against the omega's scent glands, trailing his tongue over it— scenting him.

Taehyung lets out a breath, his hands reaching up to hold onto the alpha's biceps— leaning further back as Jungkook hoists himself over him.

"How can I not be? How can I not be bitter when you're smelling of an alpha that is not me?"

Jungkook whispers softly into his ear— pressing his lips beneath his earlobe, over another scent gland before trailing his tongue over it, letting his pheromones soak into his skin.

Taehyung fails to suppress his moan, escaping his lips before he realises it. Chills run up and down his spine as he holds tighter onto the man— fearing he would disappear.

"Why do you think you have the right to have a say over it? We're not together."

Taehyung whispers.

"Do not use it against me because I did not ever want to break up, Tae. You left me."

The alpha presses kisses along the way to Taehyung's jaw, his lips finding their place over the scent gland right beneath it.

"I.." He swallows. "Want you, pup. I just want you to stay."

Taehyung opens his eyes, tears blurring his vision as he feels the man press closer to him.

"Don’t." Taehyung's voice cracks, sniffling. Jungkook pulls away as if burnt— worry flashing behind his eyes as he wonders if he did something without consent.

"Don’t say things like that."

The alpha's eyes soften, his hand reaching to cup his face.

Taehyung grabs his hand— pulling it away and shaking his head.