Jungkook lets out his pheromones, taking small steps towards the omega that go unheard by him until he is close enough for the pheromones to reach him and hopefully ease his pain.

A familiar scent of sandalwood engulfs the omega's senses at once, his body slowly relaxing—his eyes growing heavy and his breathing slowing down.

“Good morning.” Jungkook announces himself quietly, the warm presence spreading across the space as he walks closer— the distance between them lessening further and affecting the omega more.

Another month flew by, and Jungkook didn't really ever see Taehyung. He was angry — too angry to even look at the omega.

Every time he caught a glimpse of him, he felt his rage kick in once more, making him hurry and leave before he could say anything.

Jungkook knows Taehyung is five months pregnant, and he grows more tired every day. It makes him wonder if Taehyung can keep it up, if he can go to school, work, and somehow manage to rest in between.

Jungkook knows that it has been hectic for the omega — too tiring.

Taehyung was alone, completely. Jimin kept him company every few days, but other than that, it was him all on his own, working and studying.

Every time the thought crosses Jungkook's mind, it gets shut down. He can't handle how his heart still stutters in front of the omega —especially if he is as tired and overworked as he is right now.

His body is getting thinner despite his growing belly, darkening eye bags under his eyes— Jungkook swallows, trying not to let the guilt eat him up.

Jungkook eventually caved in and tried to help behind his back. He started cooking for both of them every night. He waits for Taehyung to go to sleep, gets up, and cooks a meal that he keeps for the morning, leaving a note behind letting Taehyung know that his meal is in the oven.

He kept sneaking some of his shirts into his room, knowing his scent would calm him down. Taehyung one day walked into his room and found a random air diffuser by his bed. He never said anything, never acknowledged if he noticed or not.

Jungkook doesn’t even know if Taehyung ate his food. He comes back home and finds the oven empty and the plates in the sink, but Taehyung could be throwing the food out for all he knows.

He came to the conclusion that he does not know and does not care if Taehyung makes use of what he keeps subtly offering or not. He tells himself that he needs to do this to ease his guilt. To ease the pain in his chest. He tells himself that it doesn't matter.

Right now, as he lets his pheromones take over the space for the sole purpose of easing the omega's pain, he tells himself that it does not matter if it affects the omega or not. Despite the subtle, relieved smile on his lips when he notices that the omega is clearly comforted.

Taehyung replies with something incoherent —slurring sleepily and his eyes barely open.

The alpha walks to the kitchen, opening the oven and pulling out the meal he prepared the night before.

He unwraps the foil and walks back to the omega, placing the plates on the table.

He takes a seat across from Taehyung, pretending to fumble with his phone, his eyes repeatedly going back and forth between his phone and the sleepy omega who eventually falls asleep, light snores escaping his lips.

It's seven thirty, he’s late for work and he knows he'll get an earful but he lingers for a few minutes longer until he makes sure that the omega is in deep sleep.

When he does, he gets up— taking reluctant steps towards him, looking down at him in awe.

His brown curls fall over his eyes, his eyelashes kissing his cheeks, and his lips jutted out.