Taehyung notices the shuffling of the younger, stopping in his tracks to meet the alpha’s eyes.

“I paid half the rent of this house, I spent as much as you did in this house. I was going to move out, but I won’t let you enjoy the house I invested in while I struggle. I’m moving back into my room. You’ll have to bear living with me for the next seven months whether you like it or not.”

Jungkook nods slowly, looking down at the suitcase Taehyung holds, containing his clothes. His eyes move to his wardrobe and see how only his clothes lie there.

Taehyung storms out of the room, disappearing into his own on the opposite side of the hallway before slamming the door behind him.

Jungkook presses both of his hands against his throbbing head, groaning as the headache intensifies. He does not recall how much he had to drink last night but he now regrets it as he rolls off the bed, standing to his feet.

His eyes find the semi empty wardrobe, an ache shooting in his heart surfaces. He walks over and searches for something to wear, his hands reaching for a shirt that Taehyung used to wear all the time. The shirt belongs to him but he remembers Taehyung telling him how comfortable it was and how his scent never seems to fade from it.

Bringing the shirt closer, he buries his nose in it as he inhales slowly. He realises that his own scent is barely there anymore, instead, Taehyung’s scent is the most pungent. Almost like he took it off just recently.

Not wanting to change the scent, he pulls it away and discards it into the wardrobe, neatly folded and kept away from the rest of his clothes, picking some sweatpants instead.

Jungkook feels like a kicked puppy, he knows he deserves it. He knows that he was an asshole to Taehyung in more ways than one but he cannot for the life of him let himself settle for just this. How can he provide for this, how can he be a good dad and even a good husband if Taehyung allows if he is not on stable feet?

He lets out a strangled breath before hopping into the shower, hoping the water would wash away his worries ever if it's just temporary.

Taehyung chews on his food slower once he hears the soft steps coming his way, moving his eyes up to see Jungkook in only his black sweatpants, his hair still wet and a towel around his neck.

He looks away once he notices the latter looking his waybin confusion, eyeing his ramen and boiled eggs with furrowed eyebrows. He pouts.

"None for me?" He asks, head tilting to the side in question.

Taehyung doesn't reply, he focuses on his ramen.

Jungkook lets out a sigh, stomach grumbling at the scent. He is very hungry. He turns and pulls out some uncooked ramen for himself, vegetables, and eggs.

He can feel the piercing gaze on his back, he can feel the eyes running up and down his body as he cuts the vegetables into small cubes. He holds his breath.

The elephant in the room is too big to ignore, he feels suffocated. He feels like he can’t stand a minute longer without running into the other’s arms for comfort, but he knows that he can’t. He doesn’t belong to him anymore.

He hears Taehyung slurp his noodles and stir his chopsticks in the soup, but he still feels eyes on him. He doesn’t know what he’s supposed to make of the act, is he mocking him? Taehyung knows Jungkook loves that specific dish, and Jungkook concludes that it is exactly what he is doing. Mocking him.

He scoffs.

A hiss escapes his lips, dropping the knife and immediately retracting his hand back. That stings like hell. He takes a step back as he holds his bleeding finger, biting his tongue in pain. 

“Are you an idiot!” Taehyung rushes to his side, taking hold of his bleeding hand as he looks at it with minor panic. Jungkook’s big eyes naturally widen as he watches the latter look for anything to press against the wound.

Jungkook doesn’t say anything, he just lets the brunette press a clean cloth he found onto the wound before dragging him to the bathroom, taking out their first aid.

He bites his bottom lip to keep his smile hidden, keeping his eyes down as he gets pushed to sit on the toilet seat, the brunette kneeling before him while pulling out antiseptic wipes and pressing it to the wound.

“Ow!”

“Shut up, you complete idiot.”

He presses his lips shut.

The brunette lets out a sigh. His eyes focused on Jungkook’s finger as he sanitised it, ignoring the latter’s winces of pain. Now that the brief panic subsided, he is hyper aware of the heavy gaze on him and how close they both are. He can feel the latter’s breath fanning over his face and it makes his chest tighten, his hold a little tighter on his hand as well. It is as if he was holding on for a moment longer, to feel his warmth and hold his hand. Possibly one last time.

It is as if he was holding on for a moment longer, to feel his warmth and hold his hand. Just for a little longer.

Taehyung wraps Jungkook’s wounded finger in a plaster, and before he could pull away, Jungkook grabs his wrist.

"Taehyung," He calls for her, voice a little desperate. It makes his heart clench painfully in his chest.

He looks up to meet those desperate eyes only to find them glossed over with unshed tears, soft. Jungkook's adam apple bobs as he tugs the brunette closer.

"Let go." Taehyung looks away, his eyes unable to hold any contact with those eyes any longer. His voice comes out in a hushed whisper, not meaning a word he said. He doesn’t want him to let go. He wants him to hold on tighter. Pull him close and tell him they'll be fine.

As if he heard him, Jungkook does hold on tighter. Tugs him forward, their lips inches apart.

"Please, I-" He swallows, scared. Scared that whatever comes out of his mouth will drive Taehyung away. He at least hopes to stay like this for a few minutes more. He feels helpless.

"I love you."

Taehyung's eyes snap up to meet Jungkook's soft ones, a tear failing him and running down his cheek. He squeezes his eyes shut when a sob escapes his lips, turning his body away, trying to hide.

He stops when Jungkook lets go of his wrist to hold both of his shoulders and pulls him to his chest, his arms wrapping themselves around the omega like a second nature as he hugs him close.

"Taehyung, please."

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for what I did."

Taehyung sniffles.

"What are you sorry about?"

"About the way I reacted. I'm sorry about the way I left to go into that clinic alone. About how I treated you. I'm sorry."

A glimmer of hope shines within Taehyung as he pulls away to take a good look at the alpha, his wide, hopeful.

"Y- You mean it?"

"I'm genuinely sorry, pup. I am."

Taehyung inches closer, his hands reaching to clasp the alpha's hands in his own while looking up at him.

"It doesn't have to be this way, Tae. It doesn't. Can't you choose me? Can't you be with me?"

Taehyung frowns.

"What do you mean?"

"Abortion is not a bad thing. This is something that we're not committed to, yet. Why can't we just stop here?"

Taehyung's hope dims.