Chapter 17: Falling, crash into my arms 2

Start from the beginning

Mu Hyeok leaned back in his chair and sighed, trying to collect his thoughts.

"Why did you come to me then? I talked to my brother, but he is not listening, and I can't do anything about it," Mu Hyeok said, his tone frustrated.

"I know that you wouldn't want your brother to date a rich girl who is the daughter of the Yoon family. And you definitely don't want him to fall for someone who has feelings for another man and is playing him. Believe me, I know Yoon Seri, it is just a matter of time before she throws Jeong Hyeok away and starts searching for a new man." Jun Seo said, his voice calm and measured.

Mu Hyeok let out a frustrated breath. His brother had a tendency to fall for the wrong woman.

"Any person who loves their brother wouldn't want that," Mu Hyeok said firmly, feeling protective of his younger brother.

Jun Seo looked down acting guilty. "I did something to put pressure on your brother, to make him see sense." 

"What did you do to my brother?" Mu Hyeok demanded.

"I have bought his place and given him a choice to either leave his restaurant or leave Seri." Jun Seo admitted trying to hide his true intentions.

"But my brother's lease is ending, that's why he is leaving," he told Jun Seo, his confusion evident.

"I ended it. And gave him the option to stay but only if he leaves Seri." Jun Seo said, trying to sound remorseful.

Mu Hyeok couldn't believe what he was hearing. Mu Hyeok felt his anger rising. He grabbed Jun Seo by the collar and pulled him up. "What... What do you think you are doing?" he demanded, his voice full of fury.

Jun Seo was trying to hide his sly smirk as he watched Mu Hyeok's reaction to his confession. He had been waiting for this moment when he could manipulate Mu Hyeok to get what he wanted. He knew that Mu Hyeok cared deeply for his brother, and he used that to his advantage.

Jun Seo looked down, acting guilty, and Mu Hyeok's anger only grew. He tightened his grip on Jun Seo and shook him, demanding an explanation for his actions.

"I want what's best for your brother because I feel guilty about what Seri is doing to him. And I feel like I am responsible for what is happening to him," Jun Seo lied, acting like he was trying to defend himself.

"By destroying his life?!" Mu Hyeok shouted.

"I am not going to destroy his life. He has the option. Let him leave Seri and I will give him back his restaurant." Jun Seo declared as if the choice that he gave Jeong Hyeok was so easy and it was obvious what he had to choose.

Mu Hyeok loosened his grip on Jun Seo's collar and threw him away.

"Ok," Mu Hyeok nodded, "I will talk to him but leave his restaurant alone. He worked so hard to reach this place. Seri and my brother will break up. I promise you that."

In his eagerness to 'save' his brother, Mu Hyeok had crossed a line that might break his relationship with his brother. He failed to consider Jeong Hyeok's feelings and wants. He blindly trusted Jun Seo, a man he barely knew, who had an ulterior motive, and took decisions that would have a significant impact on his brother's life. He had taken away Jeong Hyeok's right to make his own decisions and made ones on his behalf. He didn't stop to consider how Jeong Hyeok would feel if he found out about Mu Hyeok's actions. His promise to separate Jeong Hyeok and Seri was a rash decision that he made without fully understanding the consequences of his actions. Jeong Hyeok would never agree to this, and Mu Hyeok acted as if he had the right to interfere in his brother's relationship.

.

.

.

At the entrance of Seri's apartment...