chapter 19 (SOLD!!)

KYLE’S POV...

It’s been two days since we arrived, and we are going back tomorrow morning. Riya is staying here for the weekend.

It’s 5:49 in the evening. Lucas said he has something important to say to everyone, so he asked everyone to gather in the living room around 6. And I have no idea what it is about.

I slowly made my way to the living room. Everyone was already there, except Lucas himself. I sat near a not being herself Riya, she has been like that for the past two days. I gave her a small smile, which she returned but didn’t reach her eyes.

Out of the Conner of my eyes, I saw Lucas coming. He smiled at me; it was his nervous smile. Why was he even nervous??

“So....”

He started and nervously cleared his throat. I sent him an encouraging smile. He signed me to stand next to him. I was really confused at this point but did it anyway. He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. He shot me an ‘I know what I am doing’ look and turned towards Ryan.

“Ryan, I know this is a little late to say this, but I don’t want to delay it further.”

He took a deep breath.

“Kyle and I are in a relationship. I love him and only him.” I just stared at him; my eyes wide as saucers. Before he continued.

“Before you ask, yes Riya knows it and I am not cheating on her. Everyone in this room knows, except you, and now you know too.
And no, my parents don’t.”

“Riya and I are great friends; I love her but only as a good friend. My parents forced me to have this wedding, and Riya is afraid to hurt you by saying no. And because of this, we choose to remain silent. However, Ryan I simply can’t anymore. So please, please can you please cancel this wedding? Please, Ryan.”
With that, He finished.

I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t expect him to come out like that. However, I would be lying if I say I am unhappy. I looked at Ryan he seemed to be lost in thought.

“I want to talk to Riya, alone.” He said finally.

Riya gulped but nodded. We all left the living room, giving them space.

“Can I go and eavesdrop???”
Hunter asked.

Albert shook his head no. Hunter sighed but obeyed. After what felt like years but only minutes, they both came back. Riya’s eyes were slightly puffy and red.

“Okay.", Ryan said.

Lucas tilted his head like a lost puppy.

“I said OKAY, I will see what I can do.” He said making all of us grin.

“But are you okay with the consequences?” Ryan asked.

“What consequences? What are you talking about??” Lucas asked.

Ryan sighed.

“I take that as you didn’t know about the deal.

You see, your father’s company hasn’t been going well for the past two years. Thus, not many people are willing to invest. Therefore, a year ago your mother came to me to offer a deal.

If I agree to help their company and invest, you get to marry my daughter.

I thought about it for a while and said yes because I wanted Riya to move on, make friends and live. So, this was a great opportunity for me to make it happen. And look I succeeded. Now she is back to my old bubbly Riya.

But...

I thought you knew about the deal. I should have asked you myself instead of trusting them, I am sorry kiddo.”

He ended with a sigh and began to massage his temples.
Everyone was shocked was an understatement, how could they do this, to their own kid?

I squeezed Lucas’s hand and looked at him.

“Excuse me...“He said removing his hand and went upstairs.

Everyone was watching him leave.

“I will go check on him.”

I said to a still-shocked Hunter and Albert, and they both nodded.

I went to our room and saw him lying on the bed, curling into a small ball. I lay behind him, spooning him. My arms were tightly wrapped around his waist.

“Kyle, I want to be alone.” He said, his voice slightly breaking.

“Just pretend I am not here,” I whispered in his ear and kissed it.

He turned around to face me and stared at me for a few seconds before burying his face in my chest. His hands gripping my T-shirt tightly like I will fade away any moment. I rubbed his back soothingly.

“It will be alright. Everything will be fine.”

I whispered to him.

“They sold me, Kyle, they sold me. I knew this was a deal, but I never thought they would practically sell me to Ryan. How can they Kyle, am I not their son? How could they do this to me? Why Kyle, why?” He sobbed into my chest.

“Shh... Everything will be alright. I am here Lucas. And, I always will be.”

"Please don’t leave me, Kyle, please”, he said looking into my eyes.

I kissed his lips softly but passionately pouring all my love. I lean my forehead in his and looked into his mesmerizing eyes,

“NEVER...”