Chapter 03 - Fated Twice, but not Twins.

Start from the beginning

"You heard? There's a new [Hero Egg] holder. That's three now. These times we are living in are going to be interesting, I hope we finally we will no longer be under their rule. (They laugh)" as the two knights went on to square up once more.

The rest of my times and schedules was clean, life was nice. The twins seemed banned to see me, although they'd pass by my den shyly as they smiled from a distance. Something was up, roots of war in whispers and hush-hush talks went on. I couldn't help but think of my buddy, the lonely that crept from time to time as something within me beckoned me to lean in and converse. 'Yeah no. Like the abyss, I am too smart to not look into that stuff again.' I'd think as it would grow even more than before. Shaking my myself from it, I'd continue my mindless beastly behavior of simply eating and climbing things. Life would go on ever so the same...

****(weeks later)

My life as a royal beast was...quite interesting. It had been a month so to say, my connection to Jan had waned overtime. I knew he was still alive as I was his bond, nothing more. Asking questions about him gave a sour taste to my caregivers. I was resigned to a high section in the castle, yet still lower enough. I had grown in size, to the point of a massive large dog, so to avoid issues, I somewhat limited myself in areas of space. This was so basic of my first years to Jan that I missed the small space that somehow, keeping myself in small confines had me acquiring the [Mass Dwarfism], thus drafting myself down to the small cat size I was used to.

In regards, having attributed myself to getting that skill, I kept hard at it. I made it my mission to level the skill so I could at least be able to fit into a bag for Jan. Why. I don't know myself but I did things sometimes that I didn't understand. Was I supposed to have been doing something else, I couldn't answer those questions. I didn't really miss Jan but I could hint to myself that I was inclined to be his pet. It had to be the bond. The attempts to control me always seemed fruitless and violent, sometimes others would say that a "bond between the original was akin to a twin soul".

The first time I had heard such things, many questions about my level, and growth were put in question. Questions about why I had gained such a horrid skill. Only to report to them, that I simply wished to be small thus the gods made me. Furthermore, those my skills made hints of a famed beast of prophecy, coupled with a few things that resulted in me becoming a sort of 'Holy' beast due to my healing abilities improving fast.

Later in the week, my thoughts of escaping came to fruition. It felt unreal to see a familiar face, or rather pheromone. He was cross-dressing as a woman, surely he played the part. Acting as a true noble, my rather modest ninja swallowed his pride as he approached me. He had escorting eyes watching him, so he was quite frankly wary as to how to approach me. Using my [Telepathy] skill to directly communicate to him. 'I know who you are, did Jan bring you up to this?'

Shaking his fan as to cool himself while he bantered about as to not be surprised or act suspicious. He'd shake his head, coupled with the hand fan he cooled himself with. He blended his actions carefully and witty enough to make the scene more natural. 'If Jan didn't bring you here, that means you're checking up on me? Judging by the circumstances, you risked all this for me?'

Scoffing at my remarks, he'd talk about the situation out of context to my question as he kept up appearances and whether I could give blessing. Along the banter, looking at me he'd say "...as to return to normal, a rescue."

Ignoring the obvious context, his mannerisms as he gestured to leave with the crew, his tone hinted of the possibility. I understood. 'How do you plan on doing it, there's no way we can escape. On that matter, they are planning many things for me. This can include war crimes on the rise if I...'

A single glance to me as he rolled his eyes towards me. He appeared ready to excuse himself as he had a plan. So I waited calmly. Each day passing since that encounter was extremely difficult, I kept sure to be ready in stats for action. My skill points were at zero. So I had no way for the unexpected. At night, an explosion would occur, knights were already in my domain. They saw I was safe and relaxed, the place came under high alert.