Chapter 7

Imperia chuckled, not believing what was being said:

"For hurting me? I have been very patient with you, Diamanda. However, I do not like liars.

-I am not lying! I swear! Ask anyone! I got sentenced to life in prison for bullying you."

Imperia hummed before turning to someone:

"Could you bring us some tea and biscuits? I feel that this will take longer than expected."

She then turned back to Diamanda:

"Tell us about that trial."

Diamanda pinched her lips and glanced at Leora. Seeing her do so made Imperia smile:

"Don't worry, she is not the judge anymore. The one you have to convince is me now."

Diamanda immediately got back some confidence and straightened up:

"A week after you ran away, knights broke into my residence and took me away. I didn't know what I did for a month. They just threw me in a cell and left me tere without any explanation.

-Oh... Sweety, that must have been hard for you.

-It was! I couldn't meet my family or friends and the food was very bad."

Imperia pinched her lips, holding back a laugh:

"Sorry, go on.

-When they came for me they immediately took me to this room and forced me to kneel in front of everyone. They told me that I was being judged for disrespecting a member of the royal family in front of everyone and they didn't even give me time to explain myself.

-What would you have said if you could defend yourself?"

Diamanda froze, feeling that she made a mistake. How could she get out of this one?

"I have no excuse, Your Majesty. I did horrible things and I am not proud of my past. I promise that I will never do it again.

-There is one thing I don't understand... Why did you get imprisoned? How could this happen?"

Imperia turned to Leora with an evil smile:

"You said it yourself back then: you don't have time for my tantrums."

Leora tried saying something but Imperia was already turning back to Diamanda:

"Who sentenced you?

-Queen Shadowend."

Diamanda got hit in the knees and immediately collapsed. She looked up with wide eyes having no idea what happened but soon the blond man next to Imperia came to the rescue:

"There is only one Queen now! Queen Imperia."

Hearing her friend get mad on her behalf made Imperia laugh:

"You are so cute."

The man turned really red in a second:

"I am not cute!"

Imperia looked away with a smirk:

"Of course not."

The man coughed, his mouth hidden behind his hand:

"Stop teasing me in front of everyone. Focus on your job."

Imperia laughed before putting her elbows on her legs and laying her head in her hands.

"So, Diamanda. What should I do with you? I feel like I already took revenge on you back then and you spent the last six years in a cell. All of this sounds pretty fair to me."