After devouring two large plates of bacon and eggs, the others finally came down the stairs. The werewolves were sniffing the air and the two fae creatures looked unimpressed once they threw themselves over the meat. Valeria was happily walking down the stairs but her smile dropped once she saw Lupita. The kitsune hurried over to her mate and hid behind them while she got food for them both.

"Good morning sleepyheads," Elizabeth said and ruffled North's already messy hair before kissing Jazmyn's head. Lupita took notice of everyone being fully dressed except for North who was only dressed in a sports bra and shorts. A werewolf like herself.

"Morning mom," Jazmyn said and sat down beside Lupita, a tiny blush on her cheeks.

"Your face looks better, Lu," North said as she sat down in front of her. Valeria cautiously sat down beside her mate and avoided looking at Lupita.

"Are you ok?" Lupita asked as the kitsune kept looking away from her and never meeting anyone's eyes.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" she said and picked a piece of bacon off her mate's plate.

"You look sad," Lupita said and leaned forward to get a good look at the fox girl. The kitsune sunk into her seat and she slowly started to glow.

"Don't you dare," North said and pulled at her ear.

"Ow!" Valeria exclaimed and held onto her ear, her glowing slowly coming down. "They are sensitive! You know this!"

"Just tell her," Aoi said as he and Mai sat down. They both looked exhausted, but that didn't stop them from wearing their signature colors of green and purple, and blue.

Lupita looked back at Valeria and tilted her head at her like a confused puppy. Something was definitely wrong now. The girl refused to look up and started to caress her tail while her ears lay flat against her head. Lupita knew this position very well. She reached out her hand and placed it on Valeria's head and hoped this was not something not to be done in her culture. But the kitsune leaned into her hand. Taking it as an invitation, Lupita took her hand off and walked over to her side. Once she stood in front of the kitsune, she finally looked up at her. Tears were streaming down her face and her hands were clutching her tail. Lupita bent down until they were at eye level. She rested her hands on her knees and smiled at the redhead.

"I'm sorry," the kitsune said after they had stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds. "I'm sorry for not being able to heal you. I'm sorry for not being able to protect you. I'm sorry for being weak." Her voice broke at the end and she clutched her tail to the point her knuckles turned white.

"It's fine," Lupita said calmly and removed her hands from her tail before she squatted down. "I'm fine."

"But I could have done more," Valeria said while her tears streamed down her face.

"But you helped," Lupita said and squeezed her hands. She was not used to comforting people with words, but she hoped what she was doing was helping.

The kitsune kept crying and crying until she suddenly threw herself at Lupita and hugged her tight. It hadn't been a surprise to the werewolf as she had seen Valeria's muscles tense and untense for the past few seconds, but the force still sent her crashing down to her butt. They stayed like that for a little while until Valeria calmed down. She slowly stood up and whipped her tears.

"Your shoulder hurts a lot now, doesn't it?" she asked. Lupita nodded with a strained smile and stood up with the help of the kitsune.

"Take this," Elizabeth said and handed her a glass of water. Lupita drank it and sat back down in her seat. The rest of the morning was mostly uneventful. Most of the time was spent watching TV, laying on the couch and just resting after a few hectic days. Val would mostly be laying on top of North's chest in her fox form while the white wolf was laying on the couch with her legs draped over Jazmyn's legs. Aoi and Mai were sitting on the big comfy looking chairs to the sides, Elizabeth was upstairs most of the time, and John and Lupita were sitting on a mattress on the floor with Lupita leaning on the old man and him having his arm around her. Lupita also had to take pills every so often so her pain wouldn't come back. It helped a lot and most of the time the pain in her shoulder and the rest of her body was non-existent. It all made the day enjoyable, even when the movies weren't.