New Princess, New Life

Roseann went straight to setting Selina up as a princess. As she sits on the vanity stool in Roseann's room she begins to take in her surroundings. The lavish room makes her feel under certified. As if she needs to have a specific title for her eyes to even grace the walls. Every curl Roseann fashions on her head makes her feel as if she should be the one fixing Roseann.

"Why does Andrew want me? I know this is the King's doing but why does Andrew want me despite the situation? I'm...plain," Selina's tense shoulder's slump as she exposed her inner thoughts. This is what she was really wondering. Why her? An ordinary farm girl, with tangles in her hair that the Princess of all people has to deal with.

Roseann halts her movements, "Selina, do you know why I have this limp?" At Roseann's question, Selina's back straightens as her interest spikes. Roseann continues, "When I was four I had a crazy accident. By crazy, I mean insane. So insane, my father won't allow me around any horses. I'm not even allowed to sit on one when someone is close by. Sometimes, when Father is busy and the afternoon is quiet, I'll hop on one and ride it through the back woods. I'll visit farms and make friends my father doesn't know about. It's not uncommon for a princess to take off and see people who aren't allowed in the castle walls. If Father found out, he'd be furious. Anyway, when I was four I fell off a horse. The horse was shot by some rebels. They thought they could steal my horse. They kept saying I was too small to be an issue. That was when they decided to shoot the horse. In the leg. The horse fell, I fell, and the rock didn't move."

Selina looks up at Roseann's eyes through the mirror. Her face stiff, until Roseann lets out a chuckle. Selina smiles, then she frowns, "What happened?"

"Well," Roseann gulps a swallow. She had to get through this. She could remember the pain, the blood, the screams, the gunshots. She smiled, "My leg was crushed. Every bone shattered. I was Humpty Dumpty, and Father's men couldn't fix me. Not even the horse could be fixed. I couldn't walk for years. Until I decided I was sick of being coddled."

Selina looks at her dirty, leather riding boots. She didn't know how to respond to Rosann. She felt like her situation was nothing compared to her new friend's. Here she was, wishing she didn't have to live a life thrown at her, and Roseann has no choice. She didn't want to compare her issue to Roseann, but perhaps there is a semblance of similarity. Roseann shuffles to her side and bends her good leg, balanced.

"Selina, not all princesses are the same. We all have our difficulties. You will be a piece of cake. After all, your sister is a professional."

Selina smiled, "You're my sister?" Roseann smiled, then continued fixing Selina.

----------------------------

Roseann spent the entire day not only making Selina look like a princess but taught her how to act. She was ready to meet the king once Selina's crash course on royalty etiquette was finished. Selina walked into the dining room with a look of confidence. She walked in the manner Roseann had her walking all afternoon until she got it perfect. Her dress was spotless and not a curl was out of place. The King was proud of his pick for the Prince, and Andrew was speechless.

Andrew also hated it. He hated how Selina had sat so close to him the entire night. How she was such a good actress. How his father bought her entire vocabulary. How she looked as in love with him as he didn't have to pretend to reciprocate. He wished she was regular Selina. Where was the spunk?

Selina also hated it. She hated how Andrew sat so close to her, how he clung to her every word. She knew how this "marriage bn" was supposed to end. She knew he'd be heartbroken even though he agreed to every part of the plan. How he pretty much orchestrated every section. She was just going to have to trust him. He loved her. Did she love him?