Unknown

Selina knew why she didn't want to live the fantasy that her father was forcing her into. She was afraid. She was afraid because she didn't know the man that she was to marry. She knew he was a prince. That he was a gentleman. What about behind closed doors? Would he treat her the way he should? Would he treat her the way he did when her father was close?

Or would he hurt her? Would he fill her with fear? She had only one way to find out, but Selina was terrified of what could happen. She made a decision. It would be a hard one to make. She would go back home and if she didn't like the outcome she'd have to escape. She'd make plans clear up to plan Z if she had to. She was not going to live a life she'd hate and end up stuck in it. She sat in a tree to rest and wait. If her father and Andrew were indeed searching for her then she wouldn't have long to wait.

While Selina was waiting to be found, Andrew was waiting as patiently as he could at her house with Robert. Solid boots made slow thudding sounds on the hardwood floor. The same floor that the boots had trodden on the day before. A heavy sigh fell from Andrew's lips as he awaited his men in the forest outside the town. He waited for the sound of heavy hooves on the gravel. He waited for his men to call his name, but none came.

Robert sat at the table. Nuckles tapping a tune unfamiliar to the Prince. He didn't care what the tune was. He just wanted to know that Selina was alright. He didn't have to wait long, because his men were coming through the door carrying a girl bridal style. Andrew followed one of his men upstairs to Selina's room. Where he lay her down on her bed and left her and Andrew alone.

Selina sat up, "I told him I could walk, but he didn't have__"

"Where were you? Your father was worried sick! I was worried sick!" The Prince interrupted her protests. He didn't want to hear them. Andrew lunged forward and didn't notice Selina flinch. He cupped one of her cheeks with his right palm. His hard face softened, "Are you hurt?"

Selina blinked. This was definitely a surprise. She took a breath, she oddly liked the feeling of the Prince's surprisingly calloused hand on her cheek, "I'm fine. What's wrong with you?"

Andrew drew back. He stood straight with his hands clasped behind his back. He remained standing in front of Selina, "Selina, you could have gotten hurt out there. Anything could have happened."

"You don't spend much time with farm girls do you?" Selina asked with a smile.

Andrew's shoulders relaxed and his eyebrows' furrow drooped, "No, I'm afraid I don't. Though, they seem like a hassle to be around. I wouldn't mind getting used to them though," the Prince smiled back.

"Well, Andrew, I suppose I can put you to work. Put those hands to good use. I expect to see you bright and early tomorrow morning. There's always work to be done on a farm," Selina got up from her bed and pushed him out the door. Andrew looked back at her door as it closed. A smile on his face. Perhaps she liked him. Perhaps she didn't. He didn't know, but Andrew knew this was one marriage he wished he arranged.

Selina was just as confused about her feelings as he was. He was gentle, and kind, not what she expected of him. Here he was, obviously wanting her hand in marriage; and she just ran from him. He almost lost her. She was scared. As scared as she was, she felt oddly safe. Sleep followed soon after her head rested on her pillow.