One morning in Russo's kitchen

Start from the beginning

"It is pathetic honey. Don't you want to move on? Plenty of girls out there who wants you." She took his cheeks into her palms and stared at her only son lovingly.

"No mom, she's the one..."

"Oh darling...." Again she hugged Luke.

"Good morning kids, what's going on here?"  A large happy old man appeared in his blue pyjamas with cat motive scattered everywhere. He quickly sat down on the chair, his eyes searched hungrily over the dining table for food and his morning boost.

 "Morning Pops."

"Morning dad, your poor grandson rejected by a girl." Anna filled him up.

"Oh, this is new... Tell me more." He grinned ear to ear watching his only grandson rolled his eyes.

"Nothing to tell Pops. I love a girl and she doesn't want to date me. End of a story."

"Who's this girl? I need to know her."

"Why everyone wants to know her?" Luke sighed.

"Because no one has ever been rejecting a Greek god like you, that's why." Jan, suddenly appeared from the kitchen with a tray of coffees and toasts.

"Exactly that." Pops laughed.

"Who's a Greek god?"

"No one dad." Luke shook his head, dismissing his dad's question who just arrived at the dining room to have his breakfast.

"What happen to your face, why so gloomy?" Tony Russo took a seat next to his wife and quickly reached for his coffee.

"He's being rejected by a girl." Anna repeated the information.

"Oh my god, who is she? I need to see her." Tony looked stunned, his mug stopped in the air and his head turned toward Luke, waiting for his answer.

"Her name is Sam." Anna interjected.

"Mom!" protested Luke. Clearly he didn't want to continue the conversation. His failure to kiss her last night was enough to give him a gloomy morning.

"Sam?" Pops stopped chewing, "I know a pretty blonde named Samantha, she used to come to the headquarter for annual sales of designer suit. Oh, in fact that last charity ball that we sponsored, Sam was there too. Is she the one that you like?"

"Yes, that Sam." Luke sighed, there was no way he could avoid this interrogation.

"That Sam?" Pops raised his eyebrows.

"Yes Pops, that Sam. I met her in the parking lot that night."

Pops laugh exploded in the air, he threw his piece of toast back on the plate and held his beer tummy instead. "That Sam. Even I will date her if only I was younger." He said.

"Pops!!!!"

"Sorry Kiddo, but you're right, she is special."

"She is." Tony lifted his mug in agreement before sipping it's content.

"Do you know her?" Luke was curious.

"Everyone knows her Luke. She talked to the management a lot. She is exceptionally good in negotiation. Wish we could recruit her."

"Yeah true, I'll talk to her next time she come. In fact, I'll invite her here for a party." Pops agreed.

"What party?" Anna started to get excited.

"Oh, I don't know. A Hooray Luke finally falls in love party?" Pops threw and idea which was responded by loud laugh from everyone.

"Can you two leave her alone?" Luke sighed in defeat.

"Or you can marry her so she can be one of us." Tony refused to let go.

"Dad!!! Okay, all of you, enough with this girl, I need to go to work." With that Luke dismissed the conversation and bolted off the door. But the idea to 'recruit' her to be one of Russo stuck in his head. It would be wonderful to have her as his wife. That would be perfect, his life would be perfect!

****