I lower my eyes and try not to look too upset about it. I don't want anybody else to die. So many lives have already been lost in the past few months.

'I can promise you one thing', Negan says. He pulls me to his chest and wraps his arms around me to comfort me. He's tall enough to get his chin on the top of my head and even though I know he's the cause of all these problems, I'm comforted in his embrace.

'You're going to be alright', he says, hugging me to him. 'And so is Ella. Keeping my people safe is my priority.'

'Okay', I sigh. I believe him. I think we'll be safe here. I'm going to have a conversation with Ella at some point about wanting to stay here until this thing blows over. I'm sure she'll love that...

'Now let's talk about something else', Negan says. 'Did you have fun last night?'

'Yes', I answer. An involuntary smile appears on my face. But he can't see it anyway, since I'm pressed to his chest.

'Yes, I had fun.'

'Good', he replies, stroking my hair. 'And how do you feel now? More relaxed than before?'

I draw back a little to look at him. I need to tell him off one more time, but I do it with a smile on my face.

'I was feeling pretty good until someone made me embarrass myself in front of the entire Sanctuary.'

'Yes, yes', he chuckles. 'Your message has been received. Why don't you come back to my room tonight so I can make up for it?'

Oh, that is tempting. But I really shouldn't. I've hardly seen Ella since the moment Sasha crashed into the Sanctuary. And I know that she's upset, so now that I have some time, I should really spend it with her.

'I'd love that', I say, my eyes flicking down to his lips for a moment. 'But I should really be with El tonight. I've been a terrible sister.'

'Bullshit, you're a great sister.'

'Thanks', I say, smiling at him.

'We could keep it short', he tries again. 'I'll have you back in an hour. There's a lot we can do in an hour.'

To demonstrate, he leans over and kisses my neck. Shit, he must have noticed how much I like that. I close my eyes for a second and humm contently. But then I shake my head.

'No, really, not tonight. I don't know, maybe tomorrow? I'm supposed to be coming over for new meds then, anyway.'

'Tomorrow's such a long way away', he exaggerates. I laugh and shake my head incrediously.

'I'm sure you'll survive.'

'Yes, but will you? Now that you've had a taste, I know your body must be craving for more.'

'Is that so?' I ask. The truth is, he's right. I've been thinking about him all night and day. Of course I want more of that. But I'm not about to tell him and his giant ego that.

Still, he smiles as he registers the truth in my eyes and lands a short kiss on my lips.

'Remember when you told me that a part of you wanted me to bend you over that chair and fuck you?' he asks suddenly, in a low voice.

'I remember', I mumble a little shyly.

'How big is that part of you right now?' he asks, a large grin spreading over his face.

I look up at him and chuckle uncomfortably. I've never done anything like that before. Sex in a public place. Definitely never at work. What if somebody walks by and hears us?