Chapter 5: The Sword of Life

♪~"Well time to have tea with Dad!"~♪

♡✿♡✿♡✿♡

"I leave you alone for five minutes and you make a deal with the devil?!" a very furious Gabriel fumed at me. 

After the lady gave me instructions and a sword (a really heavy one at that), we departed, she retreated back into the forest and Leviathan grabbed my hand teleporting us just outside the bar. The sensation of it had me vomit again. 

"Wait, how am I supposed to let you know that I had slain the beast?" I had asked the lizard-like man, to which he just chuckled. 

"Never mind that, when you had finished, I myself will come to you," was all he said, then with a big grin and a bow, he snapped his fingers and was gone. 

'Off with that Devil'

Few minutes later, as I was examining the beautiful long sword, the intricate design at the handle, when a hand grabbed my arm and spinned me around to face them. I was almost going to slashed their face when I saw that it was Gab. Instantly I moved the sword away from his face and tried to hide it behind my back. Which I wasn't doing a good job of. He noticed the weapon and his furious gaze turned even more angry. 

"Where were you?" those words were demanded through clenched teeth. 

And so I had to tell him the whole story from the moment he went out to get fresh air. The more I tell him the more his fists curled tightly, and when I reached to the part where I struck the deal and shook hands with the lady. Well let's just say he didn't like it, in the slightest. 

"What was I to do? Not make the deal?" I fired back. 

"Yes, Reena. That's exactly what you should do!"

"I can't Gab, this stone, it's all I ever wanted!" 

"I don't care about that! Reena this deal, you could die!" 

"You don't get to decide that for me!" He didn't say anything at that but he did stared at me with those judgemental eyes. I know I shouldn't have done a deal, with someone as dangerous as Leviathan but...

'There's always a but...'

"He offered to tell me the place where the stone is, a stone filled with powers I had only imagined," I said slowly, wanting him to understand, willing him to. "I can't just walk away from something like that, in all my years I just wanted that one thing, the only thing that could help me prove my worth. To everyone. To my siblings. To Father. And you think I should just give it up?" 

Hearing the despair in my voice, Gabriel's expression softened, he knows my pain, knows what it feels like to be not seen, taken care of but not cared for. For love, be in love and not loved back. I desired for that one love and it was not given, it was taken. 

"Maybe you should talk to your Father," he said softly, as though carefully implementing the idea for me to take it. "The King has been asking for your time." 

My face hardened, my throat tightened, just like that the pain dissolved and another anger took its place. An anger so deep, I just couldn't speak, couldn't think. Closing my eyes I took deep breaths. 

Inhale...Exhale...

Inhale...Exhale...

Inhale...Exhale...

"Let's go home," I said at last, it's would do no good arguing here in front of a bar and besides it's getting late. 

The walk back home was silent. Occasionally, Gabriel will stop attempting to say something, then shake his head and keep walking.