Chapter 2: The Princes

♪~"Bet you're saying that because I'm your half-sister"~♪

♡✿♡✿♡✿♡

"I can't breath," I mumbled through clenched teeth. The dress that my sister had picked for me was one that I had buried under different others fearing for this exact moment. It was bright pink, with flowers and frills, it had looked so childish. This was not the first impression I was trying to make but Lia wants to hear none of it. Moreover it was years ago when that dress was first given to me as a present from Father, now that I had grown, the dress is tight, so tight. I could barely breathe in it let alone move.

"Silence," she said watching me with furrowed brows. "Now give me a twirl."

I huffed and with extreme difficulty did a spin hoping she could sense my discomfort however even if she did notice I doubt she was paying much attention to it. This must be her sense of a punishment. Hezekiel was lucky to not be bothered by her.

"Perfect," she smiled and handed to me a small box. "Here put this on. Quickly."

I clasp open the box and inside of it was a small brooch pin the shape of a silver swan. The words the small swan convey is 'agility and grace' .

But I didn't understand, normally a lady wears this on a special occasion like a ball. This, happening today is a welcoming party. Such message is not needed.

"Sister, what's this for?" I asked.

"For today of course. Why? Do you not like it?"

"No sister, I do but this is not a ball, why do I have to wear this?"

She stared at me, a blank look on her face. "Just put it on, I will explain later."

I threw her a suspicious glare before pinning it to my shoulder. Once that was done she clapped her hands and smiled softly. Then her face turned stern.

"Please don't start lecturing me now," I said. "It's worst enough that I have to wear this dress."

"But-"

"No buts, now please I need a minute to myself." I was already pushing Allelia out the door and quickly closed the door before she could protest. I sighed rubbing my temple, I checked myself in the mirror and felt beside myself.

So, I decided to make some alteration on my dress. I teared off some of the frills at the bottom and the ones at my collar. Then I rolled up the long sleeves, just long enough for me to move my arms. Suddenly I had an idea and called one of the maids to bring a cup of purple and red dye. I then smeared bits of both color near the flowers allowing bits of the dye to drip on it. After , waiting for a few minutes, for the dye to dry, I was finally satisfied with the dress, at least it's appearance, otherwise it was still difficult to move.

I moved closer to the mirror and pulled some hair strands free from where it had been slicked back tightly by my sister. Added a darker lipstick and rubbed away some of the bright pink blush from my cheeks. I gave myself a once over and gave myself a confident nod before stepping out of my chambers.

At last when I opened the door, Allelia was pacing back and forth, as soon as she laid eyes on me, she gasped and slapped a hand to her forehead.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Why did you do that for?" she asked for the hundredth time.

"I just wanted to be myself! Why do you have to be so against that?"