Chapter 21

That next day the band arrived in San Francisco, they had the day off again, and jules thought it would be a good time for matty to meet her parents. It had been along time since he had last met one of his girlfriends parents, and to say he was nervous would be an understatement. Not only was he meeting her parents today, but tomorrow he was finally going to tell Julie that he loved her. He had finished the full song on the bus ride to san francisco, while jules slept next to him.

" you ready to go? My mom just texted me saying they are close to the restaurant, luckily it's only a five minute walk." Jules says, coming out of the bathroom.

"Yes, How do I look, i'm kinda nervous" matty said, jules walked up to him, slightly adjusting his tie, "you look so handsome babe, they're going to love you" she smiled and kissed him. " Just talk about baseball with my dad and he'll love you, remember the team you're rooting for is the giants, say that and you immediately have his approval" jules said, matty nodded his head in response.

"Got it, and by the way you look very beautiful" he smirked, pulling her in by the waist and kissing her lips first, before going down to her neck. "Thank you baby, now as much as I would love to stay here and see where this goes, we need to get going" she said, pulling him back up to face her. Matty frowned "We'll resume this when we get back" he smirked. After grabbing their coats, the couple made their way down the lobby and out to the restaurant.

When they arrived at the restaurant, jules immediately spotted her parents, before they walked over matty stopped her "Jules I'm really nervous", " Breathe matty it'll be ok, they are going to love you, just hold me hand and give it a squeeze whenever you feel nervous" she said, and placed a quick kiss on his cheek. Matty smiled back and gave her hand a quick squeeze as the two walked over to the table.

"Hey Mom! Hey dad!" jules said, waving at her parents. The two adults got up and hugged their daughter, "Hey sweetie it's so nice to see you!, we missed you so much" her dad said, pulling her into a tight hug. "It's good to see you guys too, I missed you both so much" jules said, pulling away and smiling. "Mom, Dad I want you to meet my boyfriend matty" jules said, introducing the three to eachother.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. and Mrs.Foreman" matty said, as he shook both of their hands, "Please call us Cindy and Mike" Jule's mom said shaking matty's hand in return.

The four sat down, "It's so amazing to finally meet you, jules has told us so much about you" her mother said, sending the boy a small smile before she picked up her menu. Matty smiled and quickly reconnected his hand with Julie's under the table, she gave it a quick squeeze to reassure him.

After the four had order their drinks and meals, it was time for the integration part of dinner. "So Matty Julie tells us that you're a singer." her dad said, matty nodded his head "yes! I've been singing and making music since I was 13". "You know I've actually heard of your band before, not to brag but I got jules into listening to it when she was 16" her mom chimed in.
Matty laughed "Oh is that so", jules blushed "Yeah, one day we were driving in the car and chocolate came on and well the rest is history" Jules giggled.

"So Mr.Foreman what about those Giants, on a winning streak aren't they?" matty asked, her dad laughed "Oh I like this one Jules hes a keeper" her dad commented, Matty smiled, proud of himself for gaining her fathers sentiment. "He is isn't he" julie commented, looking over at her boyfriend and smiling.

"So what are your plans while you're here?" her mom asked as the food arrived, "Well there's a show tomorrow and then after that we have to drive overnight to Oregon" Jules commented before taking a bite out of her steak. "Oh wow, sounds exhausting" her dad comments, "Yeah, but we have fun, and with Jules around its more fun than it was before, because i'm not cooped up with my band members" matty said, laughing softly at his comment about the boys, he remembered the time before they had girlfriends, where it was just the four of them and they went crazy after a while and would be at eachothers throats.

After dinner, the four walked outside of the restaurant to say their goodbyes, "We miss you sweetheart, but we're so incredibly proud of you and what you have achieved, we'll see you in the summer ok?" her mom said, then turned to matty " it was so lovely to meet you Matty, take care of my baby will you?" she asked, " always"  he responded as Mrs.Foreman pulled him into a hug.

Mr.Foreman then came over to matty and pulled him aside, "It was great meeting you Matty, I like you, you seem like a stand up guy just please look after her ok? If anything happened to my baby I wouldn't know what to do". "I promise sir, i'll look after her, i love her more than anything and if anything happened to her I don't know what i'd do" matty said, this caused her dad to smile. Mr.Foreman shook mattys hand, before walking over to his daughter and embracing her in a tight hug, "I love you sweetheart, remember we're always here for you if you need anything" her dad said. Jules reluctantly pulled away from the hug, trying so desperately not to cry. After one last goodbye, the two couples walked off in separate directions.

"You ok darling?" matty asked, as the couple walked into the elevator, "Yeah, it's just hard not seeing them you know, i've lived away from home for almost 3 years but it doesn't get easier" she responded, her head laying low. "Baby come here" matty said, and pulled her into a hug, "I know it's hard and I'm so sorry" he said, kissing the top of her head. She pulled away from him as the elevator doors opened and they stepped out "Thank you matty, tonight was amazing, I can tell they love you" she said, as she made her way to their room. "Of course love, I had so much fun, you're parents are amazing people" he commented as they stepped into their room.

"We should probably get some sleep it's going to be a very busy and long day tomorrow" Jules said as she dug through her suitcase, pulling out her pajamas. "Yeah It'll be fun though, and I have a surprise for you", this caused jule's ears to perk up "A surprise? I can't wait" she grinned. "I think you'll love it" he said, "I'm sure I will, you know I love everything you do" she said, as she got dressed. "Thats sweet darling" matty said as he laid back on the bed, soon jules joined him and the two fell asleep in eachother's arms