Josie slowly nodded, tears again falling down her face. She let her head fall onto Aurora's shoulder and all she did was sit there and comfort her. It didn't matter if they had nothing to say to each other. If people were going to spread nasty rumors about Josie based off of Billy Andrews word, then Aurora would be the first to take Josie's side, because that was her sister. Not by blood maybe, but they were sisters none the less, and nothing can break a sisters bond.

➳༻❀✿❀༺➳

"You don't understand, Billy Andrews is a nasty boy." Aurora grimaced as she poured a cup of tea for her mother and father.

"He comes from a lovely family, I don't doubt he's anything but the same." Alice took a sip of her tea.

"Yes, a very respectable family." Frank agreed, not taking his eyes off the newspaper.

Aurora was already dressed and ready for the day, she didn't bother arguing with her parents because honestly it was a waste of her time. She poured another cup of tea for Ian and set it at his seat at the table for whenever he was ready to come out of his room.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it." Aurora sighed, seeing as both her parents didn't even acknowledge the knocking.

The girl swung open the door, revealing Moody, who seemed out of breath and sweaty. Aurora widened her eyes, quickly stepping out of the house and closing the door behind her.

"What are you doing here?" Aurora scolded the boy.

"I'm sorry about last night." Moody huffed out. "I don't know why I was being so mean, I just worry about you."

"I don't need you to worry about me, I can worry about myself." Aurora looked down at her shoes, rocking back and forth on her heels.

"I just want to be here for you." Moody mumbled.

"Ya, well, I don't need you or your protection, I'm fine on my own." Aurora stared the boy down but he refused to look her in the eye, and after a few moments of silence she spoke again. "Go on then."

Moody didn't say anything else, he just stared at her, recognizing the same words from the night before. Aurora quickly turned around and went inside, closing the door behind her.

"Who was that?" Alice turned towards her daughter as she stacked plates.

"No one important." Aurora flashed her a smile and quickly went off to her room, her mother watching her as she disappeared into the hallway.

"I bet it was that Spurgeon boy." Alice sighed.

"If she thinks things are gonna work out between her and that boy we have not raised her a proper lady." Frank replied, still staring at his newspaper.

"Honestly, such an Ill mannered boy." Alice grumbled, continuing the conversation.

"Honestly." Frank scoffed. "We did not raise our girl to be a ministers wife."

Alice stayed silent, twiddling her thumbs while thinking about the conversation.

Meanwhile, Aurora stood in her room, back up against the door. She took a deep breath, replaying the recent events in her mind.