[ 010 ] marriage is only a political arrangement

CHAPTER TEN
❛ marriage is only a political arrangement ❜

CHAPTER TEN❛ marriage is only a political arrangement ❜

𓆩♰𓆪SIX MOONS LATER

LAENA HAD RECENTLY CLAIMED VHAGAR DURING THOSE YEARS AND REBEKAH COULDN'T BE ANY PROUDER OF HER BRAVE GIRL. Although they are close in age, Rhaenys and Rebekah were cousins as well through their mother and father. Thus, Rhaenys children always referred to her as Aunt than a cousin. They had plenty of cousins and two Uncles but Rebekah was always referred to as their only Aunt. 

They were currently flying throughout Driftmark.

"Auntie, mother, look!" Laena who sat on top of Vhagar in the saddle pointed to the ship in the distance. She looked beautiful in her dark blue riding outfit gifted by Rebekah. Her silver coils flowed freely with the wind. 

Rhaenys eyes squinted at the number of ships and her eyes widened. The distant sound of Caraxes whistle could be heard which made Helios' head turn at the sound and let out a roar. 

"Velaryon flags...that means━"Rebekah's shock was replaced with a happy expression while coaxing Helios to calm down. 

That meant Daemon and Malyen were back from the Stepstones and have won. 

"Father, Laenor, and Uncle Mal are back!" Laena said delightedly and turned to her Aunt Rebekah and flashed her a teasing grin, "You must be pleased that your betrothed is back."

"He is not my betrothed. Now if you excuse me ━ " Rebekah scowled, "Sōvegon." 

Rhaenys sighed watching her little cousin fly off in the direction of Kingslanding and then gave her daughter a look. 

Laena shrugged but held a knowing look in her eye knowing eventually the two would get married soon. The other Lords that offered their hand weren't worthy of their Summerhall Princess. Even Vaemond offered his hand and the three women had a good laugh about it. As if Rebekah would marry such an ass. 

The only option would be her good brother Malyen Velaryon. She knew that he would treat her with loyalty and respect.