[ 004 ] i don't want to live in a man's world

CHAPTER FOUR
❛ i don't wanna live in a man's world ❜

CHAPTER FOUR❛ i don't wanna live in a man's world ❜

𓆩♰𓆪 THE COUNCIL WAS UP IN THEIR SEATS LEAVING URGENTLY. Rhaenyra just sat still and realized that her father was no longer there. Nobody bothered to come up with her to share the news. 

Rhaenys cupped Rebekah's face saying her last words of comfort, pulling the girl into a tight embrace. "I'm sorry dearest."

Rebekah's eyes blinked harshly. 

Aemma had died delivering a son that soon passed as well. She couldn't be dead, the only few material mothers she had ever known. "Excuse me Rhaenys. I━I need to see Rhaenyra." 

When she walked down the steps Alicent was no longer present. Otto must've gotten to her first. Rebekah quickly made her way to Rhaenyra and pulled her into a tight embrace. Finally, Rhaenyra shredded some tears and hugged her back, both girls grieved over the loss of a wonderful and caring woman. 

"I'm sorry Nyra. I am so sorry that has happened to you." Rebekah said sadly. 

Rebekah hated funerals. 

She stood along with everyone else for the Queen and the Heir that lived for a day. King Viserys hadn't spoken a word to Rhaenyra which sent Rebekah furious. 

The Princess had comforted Rhaenyra allowing her to sleep in her chambers. Rhaenyra would lay on top of her holding her close in fear she'd soon leave her alone too. Rebekah would merely stroke her hair and cheek and hold her close, whispering in Valyrian lullabies to soothe her to sleep. 

However, who was there for Rebekah? She has been pulled into a nightmare once again over the death of another loved one. Daemon came to her door through the hidden passage that led to her room and comforted her through her nightmares. 

On the rocking chair in the room close to the balcony sat Daemon. On his lap, Rebekah sat with dried tear stained cheeks staring into the night sky.