[ 011 ] love in the dark

CHAPTER ELEVEN
❛ love in the dark ❜
MATURE CONTENT AHEAD + mention of
marital rape. I usually put warnings at the title chapter
of my book so readers are aware but for this chapter
i decided to write a note at the beginning for readers
who would like to skip this chapter.

𓆩♰𓆪 ┊REBEKAH WISHED HER HANDMAIDEN AND GUARD GOODNIGHT

𓆩♰𓆪 REBEKAH WISHED HER HANDMAIDEN AND GUARD GOODNIGHT. She peeled off her shawl and placed it on a chair. That is when she noticed a bag sitting on the chair. She moved it and lifted the bag onto the table and poured its contents onto the table to see commonwear clothing.

"Rebekah?"

Rhaenyra?

The Princess turned around to see her niece come out of the wall. A secret door she had no idea existed and placed a hand on her chest, placing a hand on her chest to calm her breathing. "Rhaenyra, how did you even discover the secret passages?" she asked in awe.

She momentarily forgot about the bag and went up to Rhaenyra in excitement, "Can you imagine what we can do with this? We'd get to listen to eavesdrop on council meetings — sneak into kitchens or —"

Rhaenyra had placed a hand over Rebekah's mouth to silence her, "Now aunt—you do not want us to get caught do you? Now have you received a bag from Daemon?"

"Yes...why did he give me a dirty commoner dress— Where are we going?" Rebekah's eyes widened in curiosity but for some reason felt a bit giddy as to what they were going to do tonight.

"We are going out tonight and exploring the streets with Uncle Daemon as our guide."

Rebekah wasted no time getting changed into the dress and cloak. She had pinned her hair up and had it tucked behind her cap. There was no way she'll have herself be recognized.

"You look handsome."

"Why thank you,"

Rebekah reached for Rhaenyra's hand, "Well what are we waiting for?" The Realm's Delight chuckled at her impatience. Together they go through the secret door and into the hidden corridor.