Dance with the devil Ch 1

Chapter 1

Intro: Miriam Haal is a 16 year old girl in Gotham high. She lives with her family: mom, dad, brother. She has a best friend, Amber Sand, who's in the same class.

"You love me, you love me not, you love me, you love me not..." I said as I took the last petal of the flower. I sighted. "Come on Miriam! You know you can't trust a flower!" My best friend Amber said. "You're right!" I said and stood up. We were sitting on a bench near the lake. "That's the spirit!" She laughed as she stood up too. "Let's go, school starts soon!" I said and took my purple bag. Amber took hers. It was 9 in the morning and our school was near to the lake, so we always went there in the morning before school. We ran to school. The bell rang as we arrived the school yard. We both were 2 minutes late. "Sorry we're late, Miss Hart." I said as we came in the class. "You better not be next time." She said. We sat down and the teacher contuined teaching. I turned back to Amber who sat behind me. "We better run faster next time!" I giggled quietly. "Yeah!" She smiled. I turned to the teacher. As the lesson were over, we heard an announcement. "Hello people!" I heard a weird mans voice. Everyone were just leaving the room, so everyone were standing. "He's not the principal is he?" Julie, one of my classmates asked. "No." Miss Hart said. "I want to play a little game with you." The voice said giggling. Everyone in the class looked scared but still curious. "What's going on?!" Jacob, my classmate asked in horror. Everyone looked at the teacher. "I don't know..." She murmured. "I will blow up this school." The man said. Everyone looked terrified. "WHAT?!" Amber cried. Everyone was in panic. Others were trying to open the door. It was locked from the outside. "We're gonna die!" Julie cried with others. I was in shock but I tried to stay calm.

"I will blow up this school... If you don't play with me." The voice said. Miss Hart were calling the cops. "My henchmen are going to unlock all classrooms, and you are going to follow the instructions or you all die." The man said. Many girls in my class cried and boys were shocked. "The cops are coming." Miss Hart said trying to calm people. The henchmen unlocked the door. I saw other pupils coming out of their classes in horror. We all followed the henchmen to the gym. Amber squeezed my hand. "Don't worry Am, you're not going to die." I whispered. I saw tears comig out of her eyes. When we were in the gym, we saw a man in a purple coat. He had a messy clown makeup and green hair. It was the Clown Prince of Crime, the Joker. "Hello everyone! I suppose you are playing my game." He grinned. I'm lucky my school was so small. I saw the principal handcuffed. "Let the principal go!" Some teachers shouted. Joker just laughed. "First rule, no objection." He smiled. I looked around and all I saw was boys and girls in horror. "Okay, let's start the game." He smiled and clapped his hands. I was curious what we have to do in this game. He walked to a boy. The boy was in another class. "Why so serious?" Joker asked him. The boy didn't answer. Joker took his knife and pressed it against his cheek. "Feel like talking?" Joker grinned at him. "I-I..." The boy murmured. "Yea, whatever!" Joker said and pushed the boy away. He fell on the floor. Others helped him up.

The Joker walked to another boy this time. I was shocked. He was my crush. That guy who I was doing the flower thing to! "No..." I murmured. "What about you?" Joker laughed. "I'm not." He said. John, that's his name, wasn't scared at all. "You're not what?" Joker asked. "I'm not serious." He said. I noticed that all the teachers were tied up by the henchmen. The Joker smiled at John, the he punched John hard on the stomach. He fell down blood dripping from his mouth. Joker pulled John up and said:" Oh really?" He smiled. Joker was about to take his knife. No pupils moved one eye. They were staring at John. Nobody did nothing. John was going to get killed. "NO!" I shouted and tried to run to John but Amber pulled my arm. "Miriam! Don't!" She cried. I looked at Amber. She was crying hard. Joker pused John away and walked to me. "What?" Joker asked. He grabbed my face and pressed the knife against my cheek. "Don't hurt him." I said. I tried to not show any fear. Amber was crying on the floor. "Oh, so you like love that boy or something?" He laughed. I didn't answer. My cheek was bleeding a little.

"He's a friend. I don't want you to hurt my friends." I said. "Oh I don't think you are telling me what to do and what not to do, sweetheart." He smiled. I felt a single tear fall in the cut, and I yelped from pain. It hurt. "Does it hurt?" He laughed. He licked his lips. "N-no." I said. He let me go. I was suprised. "You're coming with me." He said and grabbed my arm. I followed him. "MIRIAM!" Amber shouted crying on the floor. She stood up and started running. "MIRIAM!!" She screamed. I saw John looking at me in shock. Just as Amber was very close to me, the henchmen got on the way. I could just hear her scream. "MIRIAM!" She shouted the loudest I ever hear shout. We were outside and he throwed me in his black van. I saw him getting on the drives seat and he drove away. I cried on the vans floor. I heard police cars. They probably didn't see the van. I just hope Amber's fine. I hope everyone's fine. The van stopped. "Come on." Joker said. I followed him to a warehouse. As we were inside, he threw his purple jacket to the sofa. "Um..." I murmured quietly. "What is it?" He asked staring at me. "Will my friends be okay?" I asked looking down. "Oh, sweetheart, you don't need to worry about them anymore." He smiled and walked closer to me. I walked backwards and I felt the wall behind me. He was standing in front of me with a knife on his hand.

He pinned me against the wall. "You're mine now." He whispered in my ear. I felt him lifting up my shirt. I felt the knife against my stomach. He cut a deep cut. I screamed in pain. I cried. I tried to push him away, but I couldn't, he was too strong. "Shh.. Don't cry." He whispered. He made another deep cut next to the last one. "NO! PLEASE STOP! IT HURTS! IT HURTS!" I screamed in pain. He just laughed. "Forever mine.." He whispered in my ear. He left the room and I fell on the floor. Crying. I was bleeding badly. I just stared at my hands, because they were in blood as I touched the cut. I think I went unconscious.