Chapter 13:

You and Draculaura sat on your couch, her on her phone and you attempting your homework. You groaned in frustration and rubbed your face to calm your irritation with your assignment. Draculaura perked up at your mumbles of hatred for the paper and stifled a giggle.

"Do you need help?" She asked sweetly.

You nodded. "Help would be greatly appreciated."

She slid close to you, inhaling your scent as she did so. Her mouth watered from your perfume. Draculaura looked over your shoulder and examined your homework. She frowned and looked downwards, ashamed that she couldn't be of any help.

"I-I don't know." She mumbled.

"Do you know somebody who would?"

She began to shake her head before perking up. "Wait! Ghoulia can help!"

"Ghoulia?" You pondered. "The zombie?"

"Mhm, she's the smartest one of us all."

You thought about it for a moment. Though you doubted a zombie would be helpful, you were willing to try anything by this point.

"Call her, then." You hummed, and you reclined on the couch and stretched your joints. Once a satisfied pop was heard, you relaxed your body and sighed.

After a few words between Draculaura and Ghoulia, she hung up the phone and grinned widely.

"She's going to come over and help!"

"Oh, thank God." You mumbled.

It didn't take long before a slow knock was heard at the door. You rushed to answer it, and Ghoulia pushed her way inside to take a look at the work she'd be doing.

After a few moments of staring at the paper, she grabbed your pencil. It took her 5 seconds to complete the page. You stood stunned. Not even a minute had passed, and she had completed your homework for you. You had never seen someone move so fast, and it made you wonder what else she was hiding.

Ghoulia held up the paper and handed it to you. You smiled.

"Thank you so much!" You grinned in appreciation.

She let out a gruff 'ugh' before shuffling to the door.

You rushed to stop her, feeling obligated to be a better host. "Would you like a drink? Maybe something to eat?" You asked kindly.

She turned slowly and smiled an awkward smile. "Ughh! (Sure!)"

You smiled. Slowly, you were beginning to learn her language. You knew simple words, such as yes and no, which made your communication with her limited.

You made your way to the kitchen, leaving Ghoulia and Draculaura to follow. Ghoulia felt her heart heat up at the thought of your politeness. You were a rule follower, a calm, sweet person. You were everything she had ever thought of wanting in someone.

But as a best friend, obviously.

Nothing more.

Ghoulia would never take someone from Cleo. Cleo was her best friend, anyway.

Ghoulia glanced at you. Your beauty radiated off of you, making everything in the room seem dull when compared to you.

She gratefully accepted the drink, and she sipped on it as the three of you talked to one another. You had great conversations with the girls, er, ghouls, and you found yourself wondering if they felt the same about you. It felt nice to have others that enjoyed your presence.

Don't get it wrong, you loved Tee. But it was nice to have a breath of fresh air, and you appreciated them for their time and company.

Eventually it was time for them to leave, and you waved goodbye to them as they left. Draculaura felt hesitant to leave you, she felt a type of attraction that was beyond friendly. Her denial only made things more complicated, as she didn't want to admit the truth.

The truth.

The facts.

The answer she was looking for.

Whether she wanted to admit it or not, she liked you. A lot.

Draculaura felt guilty and torn because of her attraction. But it didn't matter. It was harmless to think about it.

You laid yourself down on your bed and relaxed. You had your homework done, your stomach full from the snacks, and your eyes heavy from exhaustion.

You eventually allowed yourself to sleep, figuring you had a long day coming up.

You scrambled to get your bookbag and shoes together. You were running late for class again, and you desperately hoped that you'd catch a break after class.

You stepped from your door, your hair disheveled and your eyes still blurry with sleep, or the lack thereof.

You stalked away from your house and made your way down the road. You were supposed to be meeting Tee at a certain time, and you checked the clock only to find out that you were 10 minutes late.

You picked up your pace and began to run. You were quickly jerked back by someone, and you turned hastily to see who it was. Tee stood behind you with a bright, gorgeous smile.

"You scared me." You chuckled. "I didn't know who you were!"

"Yeah, yeah. Hey, there's another party." Tee said, and she began walking infront of you. You scurried up to her and continued your walk. "So...you gonna go?" She asked, and she blew a bubble with her gum before popping it. Her tight, bright pink tank top matched her pink short hair, and you smiled.

"Do you always have to match?" You asked.

"Yes, and you didn't answer my question. So...you gonna go?"

"Sure." You nodded.

She giggled excitedly. Then, she turned to you with a shine in her eyes. "Let's go shopping."

"Don't you have enough outfits? Plus, we have school."

"We can skip."

"Again?"

"Why not?"

"If I fail..." You sighed. "I'm going to beat you."

"I'd like to see you try." She stuck her tongue out and grinned.

As she began to walk away, your phone lit up with a message.

Draculaura:
•Hey! Can we hang out tonight! I'd love to see you!

You:
•Sure! See you tonight!

Tee turned behind her as you smiled down at your phone. "Who's that?" She asked.

"Oh, um...a friend." You replied, and you rushed to catch up to her. "Come on, let's go!"