Chapter 12:

You sighed longingly as you slipped off your shoes at your front door. You made your way through your house and finally to your bedroom. Your heart wanted nothing more than to curl up in your nice, warm bed.

As you turned the handle to your door, you imagined heavely scenarios of you fast asleep on your mattress, the heat and blanket engulfing you in its lovely hold.

You finally opened your door, but to your surprise, your bed wasn't empty. Instead, Draculaura laid sprawled out over it with her phone in her hands. She looked up at you in a panic, then rested and smiled at you.

"Oh, hey (Y/N)!"

You sighed with a smile. "Hey, Draculaura."

She sent you a large grin before jumping off your bed.

"So..." She hummed.

"So..." You replied. "What are you doing here? Who let you in? Did anyone see you?"

She shrugged off your load of questions and stepped towards you. "I just was in the area and wanted to say hey!"

"Oh." You relaxed your anxious body. "Well then, would you like something to eat?"

"Sure!" She followed you to the kitchen, where you began rummaging through the cabinets and cupboards and your pantry for anything to eat. You searched your fridge, which was just as empty as the rest of the kitchen. You sighed.

"Looks like we don't have anything...we could go to the store if you'd like?" You asked Draculaura.

She nodded excitedly. "We can go to my favorite grocery store. They won't have the things that you're used to, but maybe they'll have something you'll like!"

You nodded. "Sure, sounds good. Let me go get my shoes on."

You slid on your shoes and made your way back to Draculaura. She linked arms with you, and together you made your way from your house and to the store. You allowed her to lead as she rambled, too scared to get lost in the dark. You knew she was able to see much better than you, so you trusted her to take you to where you needed to be.

Eventually, a large store came into view. It was tall with wide windows. It was dark inside, making you wonder if they were even open.

"Hey, are you sure they're not closed?" You asked.

"Yes, I'm sure." She giggled. "It's always open."

You approached it, and a sign on the door held a large 24/7 on it. Draculaura didn't think twice about opening the door, and you followed her inside. It was dark and eerie, with the windows having a black tint on them and the ceiling with small, dim lights.

"This is..." You began.

"Strange for you, I bet." She giggled. "They turn down the lights at night time for a lot of the nocturnal monsters."

"There are nocturnal monsters?" You asked as you wandered down an aisle. Draculaura stood on the other side of it, looking at candies and chips.

"Yep. Some schools even offer night classes, like Chandler's Academy."

"What's that?"

"It's a college, silly." She hummed. "It's very hard to get in, but I sent in my application not too long ago. I think they might accept me!"

"Let's hope." You chuckled, and you lifted a large, skull shaped cookie in a wrapper. "Blueberry chocolate?" You hummed silently, and you grimaced.

Draculaura held a small grin on her face as you spoke to yourself. Your little mumbles were adorable, and she found herself repeating them in her head.

So you didn't like blueberry chocolate? That was good information to know.

Only because she was your friend and needed to know these things.

No other reason, obviously.

Besides, Draculaura wasn't gay! She couldn't like girls, her father would never accept her if she did. But what if she ran away?

Draculaura sighed. It was pointless thinking of things like that. She wasn't gay, and she wouldn't ever be. It was simple. She wasn't fucking gay.

But if she HAD to, she would only come out as gay for you. She would only be able to kiss you, love you, have sex with you. No other girl could compare to you.

But only if she absolutely had to.

"Whatcha thinking about?" You asked as you stood beside her.

She blinked as she realized she had been staring at the same box of popcorn for her entire thought process.

"Nothing." She grinned.

"I found a few things." You gestured to the boxes and bags in your arms.

"Oh, great! We can have another movie night!"

"Yep!" You grinned.

Oh, how cute!

She linked arms with you and together, you made your way to the checkout line.

An older man stood at the desk, and he looked you up and down before scanning the items. He attempted to make small talk with you, ignoring Draculaura as if she wasn't there.

Green, thorny jealousy washed over her. But why?

You were her friend, of course! Why would someone else be trying to steal you away? For all he knew, you two could have been a couple!! How disrespectful!

But as you walked away, Draculaura felt the relief of not being around that man anymore.

You were safe. With her.

As you should be.