Chapter 23: An Irregular Crime Scene

Swift holds his gun up and hands it to Audrey, "Put this in the glove box."

Audrey, a little reluctant at first, accepts the gun and does as he told her. "Okay?" She opens the glove compartment and throws it in, closing it after.

Meanwhile, Tom sits in the backseat silently after Swift told him to. Swift, as usual, is the one driving, with Audrey sitting next to him in the front. All of them are busy having their own thoughts to be drowning in, except for Swift, who's focusing on the road. Audrey, who usually goes to school on the bus, was invited by Swift to come along with them, and she did. Everyone in the car was silent until Tom decides to speak up as the car approaches a traffic light. "So, you were stabbed?" He asks.

Swift processes the question a little too late, but he responded. "Yeah."

"Wow." Tom huffs. "You sure you're fine with driving?" He worries.

"Yes, Tom. I'm fine with driving." Swift looks at Tom through the rearview mirror.

"Are you sure?" Audrey adds. "Maybe I could-" She goes to offer to drive since she has her driver's license, but Swift shakes his head.

"No, no. It's fine! I'm fine, Audrey. I appreciate your concern, but I'm okay, alright? All thanks to you." He glances sweetly at her from the side, which made her smirk, all the while Tom notices them both. As the car reaches a red traffic light, his senses catch a suspicion. Something that is for sure inappropriate to bring up, but he wanted to ask anyways.

He takes a breath, "You two didn't do anything wild last night, didn't you?"

"We're seventeen!" Swift and Audrey shout to the back, at Tom who almost jumps from his seat.

"Okay! Okay!" Tom surrenders, putting both of his hands up. Swift and Audrey shake their head annoyingly before returning to look back to the front.

"But, we did talk about a few things and wouldn't you know it, she likes me back," Swift says with a joyful beam at Audrey that she returns. They briefly hold hands, with Swift's other hand still on the steering wheel.

Tom rolls his eyes, tilting his head for a second. "Can't say that I'm at all surprised."

"What?" Swift's eyes squinted.

"I saw it coming from a mile away," He says truthfully. He really did. He saw the chemistry between them and his feeling turned out right. He knew they'll confess their feelings to each other eventually and his prediction happened. Tom feels that pride in himself, praising himself internally. "I knew you two would be together in the end." He mentions.

"You don't sound that... excited." Swift remarks.

"Not as excited, I guess. I mean, I'm more or less... happy. For you two, that's all. If both of you are happy, then I'm happy. So with this, I say congratulations."

A friendly, glee chuckle leaves Swift, "Thanks." He didn't expect Tom to be that supportive.

"Do you think Dane and Iggy would be happy too?" Audrey asks. To that, Swift makes an uncertain face.

"Ooh, I don't know about that. Maybe more of having a freak out than they are happy, to be honest." He says. "We'll tell them when we're ready."

The car traveled the next few blocks ahead uninterrupted before they stumbled upon an obstacle preventing them from going. Arriving at an intersection, Swift slows the car down when he sees a commotion blocking the car, grouping up to see something the three of them can't see. He groans in frustration.

"What do we have here?" Tom looks out the window.

"Oh, you know. Classic L.A. traffic. That, or a traffic accident. You'll get used to it." Audrey comments.