I enjoyed Matteo when he was like this, carefree and fun. He was always like that around the family, but his mother. His stupid fucking mother destroyed our family and Matteo. He felt guilty for being happy a lot of the time. Thankfully with him being with Aurora, that guilt was starting to go away. Which was why I vouched for him and Aurora when he said he was happy.

He also felt guilty about Laila, but Uncle Saif had told him time and time there was nothing he could do about Marco and Laila's relationship. It was bad and extremely toxic, they fought all the time, and he cheated on her. I was thankful that Brandon got her out of there despite how they did it. Marco was an asshole to her so I really didn't care about the fact she cheated on him back. It was crazy that she told him she wanted a divorce and he told her no and he thought she would just willingly stay. He didn't know Laila as well as he thought he did if he thought that.

I noticed how much happier our family was getting since Aurora was slowly coming into our lives. Matteo was talking to us more, even more to Uncle Saif. He was even talking to me on a regular basis now, and he was being less formal with my dad and referring to him as uncle again. I truly hoped Matteo and Aurora stayed together, I'm afraid if they don't we would lose them both.

"Have you talked to Alonzo? About Asia?" He said sounding uncomfortable.

I looked at him and shook my head. I knew Alonzo and Matteo's relationship was rough for the most part. The last thing I wanted to do was to add more strain to that. Matteo has this idea in his head that he always has to choose a side with something. He had a horrible habit of making simple things complicated.

"Alonzo's my boy, I'm not going to go after the girl he likes" I lied

"Asia doesn't seem like the one for commitment" Matteo mumbled "And I don't know if Alonzo is. She's older than him too, I don't know how I feel about that"

"Really?" I laughed "Have you looked at the age gap between you and Aurora? Brandon would have you killed if he was alive, maybe would've even done it himself" I leaned back.

"Well he isn't" he chuckled "I can continue to fuck his and Marco's daughter in peace" he raised the glass and took another shoot.

"You are a twisted fuck" I laughed

"You learned from the best"

"Laila?"

He rolled his eyes "It's weird hearing about Laila as a parent"

"Right? Hearing Aurora talk about how nice and shit she was. That bitch was crazy and manipulative with that sweet voice of hers"

"And always playing dumb"

"Don't even get me started on Brandon. I'm surprised they didn't end up together sooner" I said getting up and grabbing a water.

Matteo chuckled "I remember when she called me telling me she 'fell in love'"

"No shit?" I looked at him

"She got mad at me because I said she said the same thing with Marco."

"Laila loved that she couldn't manipulate him. Same thing with Brandon. She had no choice but to behave with those two"

"Behave?" He looked at me crazy "Did you see the state of their relationship? It was a shit show and that's putting it nicely"

"Yeah, I thought Baba was going to kill him when he yelled at her," I said thinking back to when Laila had caught Marco cheating on her "She knew it wouldn't take much for Baba to kill him, that's why she lied"

He looked up at me "Lied? Lied about what?"

"You know how Laila was, she never wanted to look like a victim or like she was the 'loser'."