Chapter 4

After a little rummaging in her bathroom cabinet, Rosie managed to find what she was looking for and quickly returned to the kitchen.

━Sorry it took so long i ha- little one? Where did you-━ Her eyes almost popped out as she saw that the little invader had moved from where she left him and now, his legs were sticking out of the closed food container.

━What are you doing there!?━ She said in a tone between scolding him and alarmed for his safety.

She practically jumped across the room and gently slid open the cover, releasing and dropping him face first inside the white surface.

━Are you ok? You promised you wouldn't move.━ She asked and before realizing, she was already holding him by the waist with her index and thumb.

━I said i wouldn't move much, its was close.━

And he was right, she wasn't sure if he was trying to loophole his way out of the promise or, if he is like a kid that takes everything literally.

She will give him the benefit of the doubt. Mainly because now, she has an idea of why he is there. And also, to her surprise, this time he didn't bite her nor tried to wiggle out of her fingers, as she carried and placed him back on the table, a few centimeters from the styrofoam.

━Well little one, please-

━I'm not little one, my name is Robbie.━ He interrupted, a little annoyance in his voice.

Rosie blinked a couple of times realizing that she never asked his name and hadn't introduced herself either.

━Sorry, Robbie. What i meant is please don't walk unnecessary or you could hurt your foot even further. If you stay still i'll give you this.━ Her hand disappeared for a second as she reached for the styrofoam container and grabbed a piece of chicken. ━It's really tasty.━

That worked better than expected as Robbie's eyes glued to the small bite sized piece of chicken and happily nodded. She then showed him the little tube she retrieved.

━This is a medicine that will help you with that.━ Said as she pointed to his foot. ━So please take off your shoe so i can apply it.━

He complied. The ankle is clearly swollen, but definitely not broken and she felt a little relieved, still guilty enough. Something else caught her attention. His clothes and skin are really dirty.

"He probably spends a lot of time in the dust and dirt." Roseanne thought to herself.

She then squeezed a little bit of ointment on the tip of her index finger. Robbie looked intrigued and curious, the strong smell got to his nose and he made a face in response.

━Is it crushed herbs?━

━Well..i don't know what its made of but yeah, sort of, it's called ointment and it should take the pain away and help you recover.━

━Moma used to make something like that.━ Past tense.

━Oh did she? I'm guessing you are a very brave boy aren't you?━

He nodded again, now with a proud smile.

At least he's not entirely stubborn like one.

━So, please take a little of this and rub it carefully yourself.━

Again, he complied while she supervised very closely nor realized her face was pretty much covering him entirely.

━Good! And now, your reward.━

Her hands disappeared once again and weird noises could be heard as she broke pieces of the styrofoam container, grabbed a couple of pieces of chicken, and placed them on an improvised plate for him to eat.