1

atl @ 11:30 am

|𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐲𝐜𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐫𝐨𝐞|

"Wake up, Jus." J'yoni came into my room and said

J'yoni—that's my little sister.

"Ughhh," I groaned as I got out of bed.

Today was the day I moved to college. I don't have any friends because I'm always so quiet, plus when I did, I would always get hurt in the end, so I just keep my guard up.

As I walked into the kitchen, I saw my mama in her office and Yoni on the couch watching TV. Mama was always working, but I mean, that's what being one of the best criminal investigators in the state does.

Justyce has always admired her mom for what she does. She finds it so interesting how one person can be so knowledgeable about things within such a short span of time.

i was kind of pressured into studying criminal justice but i feel like my mama knows what's best plus it's not that i don't like it i just rather succeed in something i would enjoy for a while

I got plenty of scholarships, so if I wanted to change my mind, I could. i've been helping my daddy at the office a lot, it's good money. now that i'm going to college i've had to cut my schedule, now i won't be able to work at the office for awhile.

i saved up a lot of the money that my family would give over the years.

Plus, when I was younger, my mama and daddy started me and Yoni a custodial account, so when we turned eighteen, the money would be fully ours and we could do whatever we wanted with it.

" you ready for college?" I heard from the office.

"Um... yeah, I guess" I replied, realizing it was my mama talking to me.

"Why so hesitant?" she looked up from her computer

"Because, like, what if it doesn't go the way I want it to?" I complained about being scared by the fact that college may not be for me, but that was just me overthinking as per usual. I've struggled with it ever since middle school. I hated the fact that so many thoughts could eat you alive like that. I overthink to the point where I start to question whether there is something mentally wrong with me.

"Chile, ima tell you right now that it's not, If you think you're going to have this perfect college life where everything is peaches and cream, get that outcha head right now." Mama sighed as she typed away on the computer

"But I just want you to open up, baby. That's all I'm saying, Experience things, Let ya guard down a little, Just live!" mama added

"every time i let my guard down, it reminds me why i should've kept it up, so you can miss me on that one," I shrugged

"Okay, all i want is for you to be happy," she said

____________
3 weeks later

I moved into my dorm already, and I got two roommates since I was able to get off-campus housing.

Lani is more like the loud one, and Liyah is more like the one who speaks when spoken to but that's understandable.

We didn't start talking until a week ago, which was awkward.