Euros love - Leah Williamson

As soon as we reached the quarter finals myself and the rest of the Spanish team were fairly nervous about playing the euros host, England.

England was one of the favourites to win the tournament, but so we're we, unfortunately without the help of Alexia.

When we found out the awful news about Alexia's injury before the start of the euros in one of the prep trainings, it felt like a lump of confidence was ripped from the whole team, especially the way we play. Even though we still had amazing world class players we all knew Alexia was the best in the world at the current time.

Arriving at the Amex stadium in Brighton, the whole team was surprisingly calm.
I was walking in the corridors of the stadium and I felt someone knock into my shoulder and fall down onto the floor, I moved my attention from my phone to the blonde beauty that was scurrying off the floor.
Immediately after we locked eyes I knew who this was, Leah Williamson, captain of England.
She spoke first "um I'm really sorry about that, I should've looked were I was going" she rubbed the back of her neck, looking stressed.
With the best knowledge of English, from playing in Man City for a period of time before making my way back to Spain to play for Barcelona, I managed to string a sentence together "Leah right? I'm Y/N, honestly it's fine don't worry about it" I smiled at the blonde girl in front of me.
She smiled back and responded "oh I know who you are Y/N, it's nice to finally have a conversation with you, but I should probably get back to my team now, good luck out there" she winked.
As she was walking away from me and towards the English changing room I shouted "Its me that should be wishing you luck" in response she just turned and gave me a cocky smile and went to her changing room.

My words from earlier ended up being extremely wrong.
In the 54th minute we were certain we had this game in the bag, when we scored from Esther, but little did we know this was going to be the downfall for us.
In the 84 minute a goal was scored by Ella, Ella Toone.
As we went into extra time, Georgia Stanway managed to run through our defence and completely bash a goal in our net.
And just like that the match was over, and our European dreams were over.
As I was sat on the pitch, crying and thinking of all the things I could've done better, I was met with a hand on my back and I looked up and saw Leah.
She sat down with me and wiped the hot tears of my face "Y/N I'm so so sorry, you played amazingly, and this match does not mean you're career is over from one match, everyone's so proud of you, even I am and I only met you a hour ago"
As I looked up at her and took her words in, I leaned into her and whispered a quiet "thank you, you don't know how much your words mean to me, go and celebrate with you're team, you deserve it" as I smiled up at her.
Leah slowly stood up and put her hands over mine and pulled me up with a smile on her face.
As we hugged before she went to celebrate with her team she whispered in my ear "message me Y/N" and slipped a note in my hand, as she walked away to join her team.
As me and my teammates slowly walked off the pitch I looked at the note and saw her number, from that point on me and Leahs relationship was history.
———————————
Authors note :
Hey guys sorry it's been a long time, I've had a busy couple of weeks, I haven't read this over so sorry if there's any spelling mistakes, please send requests in.
Many thanks.