Norway vs England - Ingrid Engen

Today was the day that you would be playing against your lover, ingrid.
Being a player for England wasn't easy especially in a major tournament like the euros, as much as you wanted to win this match for your country you also wanted Ingrid to do well as well.
You and Ingrid met when you both transferred to the Spanish team, Barcelona where you both instantly connected and started dating.

As you and Beth Mead stepped on to the pitch in Brighton , you felt someone hug you from behind and instantly you realised who it was, Ingrid.
"Hello my love" her voice rang through your ears.
"I've missed you so much" although playing in a major tournament was amazing you missed your family and Ingrid a lot more.
You and Ingrid talked and hugged each other for a long time and before you knew it it was time to get changed and say you're goodbyes to your love.
"Good luck out there" you winked to Ingrid
"I think it's you I should be saying good luck to" she answered back.

England had just smashed Norway 8-0 and to say you were proud was an understatement, but when you met your lovers eyes you felt bad about how happy you were.
Slowly you made your way over to Ingrid and just hugged her whilst she cried into your shoulder, as she began calming down you reassured her of how proud you were of her.
"I'm so proud of you Ingrid and I always will be" you spoke to the brunette haired beauty.
"Thank you y/n, I'm extremely proud of you too and I want you to go out there and win this for me"
And that's what you did, you won the euros for her. Ingrids words stuck with you for the rest of the euros and you did this all for her.

Authors note
Thanks for everyone for reading my book updates should come every night, but please continue to send requests in and please vote, thank you !!