Sector Seven

I play with my fingers nervously behind my back and wonder where the autobots are. I hope Bee is okay...

"So, uh, Ladiesman217. That is your eBay username, right?" The MIB who we know as Simmons asks. He pulls out Sam's phone from a plastic bag.

I snicker, Mikaela looks at Sam weirdly and he stutters. "Yeah, but, you know, it was a typo and I ran with it." He justifies and that makes me laugh more, I stop when he sends me a look.

"What do you make of this?" Simmons says and shows the video of Sam and I last night. "Is that you?"

"Yeah, that does sound like Ladiesman." Mikaela rolls her eyes.

"Last night at the station you both told the officer your car transformed." Simmons reminds Sam and I. He looks between us and adds, "enlighten me."

"Well, here's what I said, okay? 'Cause this is a total misunderstanding that our car had been stolen." Mikaela and I nod along with Sam.

"Really?"

"From us and our home but it's fine now because it's back! It come back!"

"Not by itself, of course!" I quickly add after Mikaela and I glare at him for his small slip up.

"Yeah, not by itself because they would be—well that would be crazy!"

"Yeah, cars don't do that, that's absolutely insane." I chuckle nervously.

The whole car erupts in laughter, we're all laughing and I kind of just want to melt away because this is just getting weird.

"That's funny, that's so funny!" Simmons abruptly stops laughing and turns serious. "So, what do you kids know about aliens, huh?"

"What, like the green things with the weird shaped heads?" I ask and Sam says after me, "like a Martian? Like ET? Psh!"

"It's an urban legend." Mikaela speaks up.

"You see this?" Simmons holds up his badge and says, "this is an I-can-do-what-I-want-and-get-away-with-it-badge."

"Right."

"I'm gonna lock you three up forever."

Mikaela rolls her eyes and looks between Sam and I and says, "oh, god. You know what? Don't listen to him. He's just pissy 'cause he's got to get back to guarding the mall."

I bust out laughing but immediately stop when Simmons looks at me. His eyes move to Mikaela and he says, "you, in the training bra, do not test me. Especially with your daddy's parole coming up."

Sam and I look at her, "what?"

"It's nothing..." Mikaela quickly adds.

"Oh, grand theft auto, that ain't nothing?"

Sam and I continue to look at her. She says, "you know those cars my dad used to teach me to fix?" When did she say this? It must've been when I wasn't paying attention.

Sam nods for her to continue, "well, they weren't always his..."

"You stole cars?" Sam whispers.