"i never thought i'd find anyone"

L E V I

round fifteen ||

july 2nd

[ 11:12 AM ]

"Who the heck decided finger sandwiches were a thing?" Bard mutters under his breath as he picks up the sandwich. He takes a bite, gags, then tosses the rest in the garbage. He then proceeds to toss his small plate into the garbage as well, resuming his stance against the wall where I decided to visit him.

"Hey, you asked me to bring you food..." I murmur, taking a bite of my own finger sandwich. I lick my fingers, turning to find Bard staring at the sandwich in disgust.

"Gross." He turns away and focuses on something else. Or... someone else. I notice now that he is intently staring at someone across the room. And not in a disturbing way, more like... with longing. I follow his gaze and find him staring at a group of females across the room. And in the midst of the females is... Wynnie. Ahh, got it.

I nudge his side. "Hey, Bard." He barely acknowledges me. "Do you think Wynnie might think this is a little creepy?" I try to lower my voice, but with how fast Bard's head snaps to me, one would have thought I shouted it across the rooftops.

I swear, if he wasn't my friend, he might have tackled me.

"Wynnie wouldn't... I wasn't—" he lets out a sigh, rubbing his temple. I don't think I have ever seen him so flustered or disoriented. I watch in awe as he fights a blush, and turns away from me, letting out a deep breath. "You don't know anything, Hernandez," he says sharply.

"I know you have a thing for her."

His mouth drops.

"And don't bother denying it. I can read it all over your face." I lean fully against the wall, crossing my arms, watching as Bard continues in his fluster. I have a hard time hiding my laughter, not wanting to laugh in his face, but he's always been so... reserved. It's very rare to get a big emotion out of Bard, and in the short amount of time I've known him, he's never once not seemed in control of his emotions and feelings... but now. It seems Wynnie has done something to him that has caused him to lose his mind.

Over her, it seems.

"Did something happen between you two?" I ask, noting Bard's slacked jaw and narrowed eyes.

He shakes his head. "Nope."

I raise a brow. "You sure? You don't seem sure." I can't hide my grin this time, realizing it is very funny to tease him, especially seeing as I never have been able to, especially over a girl. A girl who, I realize, keeps glancing over our way, which causes Bard to look down at his feet.

As Abri would say, he has it bad.

I nudge him. "Isn't the whole point of staring in her direction so that she meets your eye? How can she meet your eye if you keep looking down?"

His attention snaps to me and he sends me a scowl. I hold my hands up in defeat.

"If you won't tell me, Bard, I'll just ask her. Or better yet, I'll ask Charlotte. She's bound to know what is going on between the two of you." I begin backing up, totally bluffing, but Bard grabs my arm and yanks me back.

"The only thing you will be doing is staying as still as possible so it'll be easier for me to knock you over the head," he mutters darkly, glancing at me before straightening, looking every bit the guard he is. But still, his gaze is drawn by Wynnie, who crosses the room over to Charlotte. The girls are chatting together, heads in close. Bard tenses.