K.W #1

Keira Walsh - 'Hate you'

I didn't know how to process what she'd just said. Was she being serious? Was she just messing with me? Did she seriously want to throw away 3 years together?

"I'm sorry, but I don't want any distractions while in Australia." I watched as she physically gulped before speaking. I stood frozen, not knowing what to do or say. "It's not you. I promise." She sighed. "It's all me."

I just didn't understand. We had been fine yesterday, what had changed in such a small amount of time? Why all of a sudden? I knew it probably wasn't true, deep down, but I couldn't help but think if there was someone else. But I thought I knew Keira well enough, she wouldn't string someone along. Hopefully.

"Why? Why now, you could've done this yesterday instead of taking me out to dinner! Letting me believe everything was fine between us! Why not just talk to me?" I shouted, finally letting the tears fall that I was so desperately trying to keep in.

"I'm sorry..." She mumbled, slowly making her way towards our front door, keys in hand.

"That's all you have to say, 'I'm sorry'?! You're throwing all of this away, for what?" I sobbed, following her toward the door. Desperately trying to get a real answer from her. I wasn't buying the distraction excuse, I was there for the euros for goodness sake! How come I wasn't a distraction then?

"Just let me go, Y/n." She replied calmly.

"You expect me to believe that bullshit excuse?" I shouted again, quickly moving to stand in front of the door. "If you're breaking my heart, at least do it thoroughly!"

"Just let me go, Y/n!" She finally matched my tone, quickly running a hand through her hair.

"Not without a proper reason!"

[Keira's POV]

"There's someone else! Is that what you want to hear?" I hated lying to her. The truth was far from anything I've told her so far. I was just terrified of how things might change, with the World Cup but also the expectations of the tournament. It was all just getting to me.

I hesitated for a moment, debating on weather to play this off as a prank or not, I really didn't want to do this deep down. But it seemed like the best idea at the time. "Just let me go..."

I watched as she visibly let the information sink in, instantly regretting my decision. But I'd already messed it up now, I couldn't come back from this now.

She slowly moved away from the door, opening it for me with her head down.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered again, making my way down the drive to my car.

"Kieee!" I stumbled forward as Georgia jumped onto my back with Leah sending me the other way by running at me head first.

"Bloody hell." I laughed lightly, shaking my head as I pulled them both into hugs as Georgia hopped off of my back.

"Kie, Kie, Kie. We need to have a chit chat." Leah sends me a pointed look, very obviously telling me I was in some form of trouble. The worst part, I think I know exactly what this 'chit chat' was going to be about.