C.K #1

Chloe Kelly - "I panicked! I didn't know what to say."

I don't understand a lot of things when I came to her. Why does she avoid me at all costs until we're alone? Why does she act like we're just friends, when we both know friends don't do the things we do? Why does she only call me when she wants me to come over? I just do not understand her at all. But I couldn't seem to get her out of my head, I don't understand that either.

Nobody except for my best friend knows about me and her. I couldn't not tell Ella, we never keep anything from each other. To be fair, I had tried to keep it from her but she just knows me too well and knew something was going on, and at that point I couldn't lie to her.

"You just need to forget about her, focus on the euros." Ella said, walking beside me and Alessia towards the cafeteria.

"Forget about who?" Lessi asked.

"Doesn't matter, what matters is that it's not that simple Ella." I rolled my eyes at my brunette friend.

"But it is! You just need to focus on the tournament, and avoid her at all costs. Don't let her get to you, don't give in to her 'charm'." She explained, using air quotes while speaking.

"Can you just tell me who you're talking about?" Alessia asked, looking between us both as she was in the middle.

"Chloe!" I said quietly before turning back to look at Ella. "You try saying no to your boyfriend Ella, see how difficult that is."

"Not very hard." "CHLOE KELLY?!"

"Yes?" We stop and turn to see the girl in question and her club teammates, Lauren and Ellie.

"I—ow!" Alessia hissed after receiving a slight jab in the side from me, quickly telling her to shut up.

"We we're just betting on who'd score the winning goal at Wembley?" I say as more of a question rather than a statement, both Alessia and Ella looked at me as if I'd grown three heads. However, the other girls seemed to buy my excuse.

"Oh, well, consider me flattered." She laughed, smiling at me as they walked passed.

"Betting who will score at Wembley." Ella mocked. "Really? That's the best you could do?" I scoffed, walking into the cafeteria, my two club teammates following behind.

"Hey, Y/n, can I talk to you for a second?" I hesitantly nodded at the blonde winger, I should at least try to have a normal conversation with her. "You haven't replied to any of my messages, I just wanted to know if you're okay?"

That's because I have been avoiding you. "Oh, I've just been really busy recently. You know how it is, training and preparing for this tournament." Liar. I hadn't been that busy, I actually had more free time that usual.

"Oh? But I saw that you Ella and Alessia were together for dinner and stuff on your story." She frowned in confusion. Damn it.

I sighed, I knew I had to be truthful with her. "Chloe, I'm sorry. I really am but I can't do this anymore. All of the late night calls when you're finally alone, all of the hiding. And I get it, you're not ready to tell anyone yet. But I just can't do that, and it's killing me trying to avoid you because I can't get you off my mind, however much I try. It just doesn't work."