Chapter 39- The Big Surpirse

Start from the beginning

______

Putting my Range Rover in park, I begin to grab my purse and start to get out of the car but then I suddenly stop and realization is beginning to set it.

Shane and I's sex life has gotten very frequent to the point where we weren't exactly super careful about using protection... like ever. Plus I've just missed my period.

To say I'm stressed out doesn't even start it off. What will happen to Shane and I? Will he even want I be with me anymore? What if we have a baby. An actual live human being that was made from Shane and I. Will he even want to keep it? I'm not getting an abortion. That is out of the question but I have no idea what Shane's opinion is on this stuff! We've never talked about it.

Walking through the store and finding the section I need, I pick up three different kinds of pregnancy tests, before grabbing some tampons, just in case my period is just late I'll need these at some point. After grabbing that I pick up some new mascara along with some other products that I'm almost out of.

Going to the cashier, an older lady's till is the next free. I place all the stuff on the counter and begin looking through my purse for my wallet. "How are you today?" She scans the makeup first.

"I'm alright, yourself?" I have my debit card on hand now.

"I'm doing good, might get a big surprise tonight?" She shakes one of the pregnancy tests before put it in a bag with the rest.

"Yeah, I'm not too sure," I laugh nervously. The lady's soft wrinkled face smiles.

"Are you in a relationship?"

"I am," I smile as I push my card into the machine.

"Have you talked about children to him?"

"No, it has never come up, and I'm nervous about it," I smile as she hands me the bag full of different things.

"I'm sure if he loves you, the way I can tell you love him, he'll do anything to keep you around, and he will be happy no matter what happens, if you're having a baby or not," a large smile comes on my face, before looking down.

"Well thank you so much, that made me feel a lot better about this,"

"No problem honey, have a nice night, good luck!"

"Thank you, have a good night," I wave at the friendly lady. Getting into my car, I take a deep breath and head home.

______

The elevator ride up seemed to take forever, and I can feel my stomach knotting.

Unlocking the door and getting off my boot, I walk towards the kitchen to see Shane standing in there stirring something in a pot.

"Hey baby, I'm just going to the stuff away that I bought," I smile and he turns around startled.

"Darn! I wanted this to be ready for when you got home!" He pouts and his lip sticking out just the slightest bit.

"Well, I'll go upstairs and clean something and come down in?" I wait for him to give me a time.

"I think ten minutes should be good," I smile and turn up the stairs. I know what I have to do first. I need to know right now what is going on.

Closing the bathroom door and turning the fan on to hide any noise I take all three pregnancy tests out of the packages before completing them all. Now I have to wait ten minutes to see the results. I feel like this may just be the longest ten minutes of my life.

I decide that I need to keep myself preoccupied. Looking at the time it's 6:43 at 6:53 I can look.

Putting away all my new makeup and reorganizing everything I decide to fold clothes that I was too lazy to do last night. Putting them away, I look at the clock.