𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝟕:𝟐𝟐

AND NOW WE COME TO THE END

"Are you sure you have everything you need?" Jay asked, examining Averie's carry-on bag

"Yes, I have enough for two weeks," she reassured.

"Two weeks," Jay repeated. He took her hand, tightly holding it.

"You know, you really didn't have to come to the gate with me," she nodded.

"I know. I know I didn't, but I wanted to," Jay pressed a soft kiss to the side of her head.

"So run it down for me one more time," Averie tapped her foot anxiously.

"You're gonna go to Boston. You're gonna spend some time there, see if you like it. Then Lola's gonna come with you, and we're gonna see if she likes it," Jay explained softly.

"Then we'll figure it out from there," Averie finished.

"We'll figure it out from there."

"God, Jay," Averie's eyes filled with tears, "But what if we get there? Then what? You don't wanna leave Chicago or your job. And my dream job is there. So what? We take a plane every weekend? Lola's living with each of us part time? What is gonna happen?" she cried.

"I don't know," Jay cupped her cheeks. "I don't know what's going to happen. But I know that nothing will happen to us. Okay? You're the love of my life. And if I'm yours-"

"-You are, of course you are-" she let a few more tears down, holding onto his wrists.

"-Then we're gonna be alright. We're all gonna be alright," he stated.

"You promise?" she asked, holding her pinky up with a slight teary smile.

"I promise," he wrapped his pinky around his, slightly laughing.

"Flight- 9284 to Boston, Massachusetts, now boarding"

"That's me," Averie sniffled, wiping her tears.

"We'll be alright," he kissed her. "I'll see you in two weeks."

"See you in two weeks," she kissed him again. "I love you."

"Love you too," he kissed her one last time before she stepped away and picked up her bag.

Backing away with a smile, she walked toward the gate.