𝐩𝐝 𝟐:𝟏

ᴄᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ ᴍᴀᴄᴀʀᴏɴɪ

Averie sat next to Jay, across from Adam and Kevin at a table in Molly's.

Adam rejoined the group, holding up his phone, "Hey get this. Voight beat the suspension."

"Thought he was facing termination," Kevin said.

"Call it macaroni, dude. I don't know," Adam replied. "He's gonna be back in the office tomorrow. He beat it."

"Jay," a man in a hat stood close behind him, making Jay jump.

"Woah. Al," Jay lightly chuckled. He glanced next to him, "Averie Fields, Alvin Olinski," he introduced.

"Hey," Averie smiled at him, taking another sip of her drink.

"Let me have a quick word with you," He said to Jay, who nodded, following him to another part of the bar.

"Dude needs a bell," Averie mumbled to the two still at the table.

"Tell me about it," Adam replied laughing.

Averie watched for a moment as Alvin said something to Jay and left. Jay didn't return to the table though, instead, he watched the door in shock. Slowly, Averie stood from her seat and approached him.

"Hey," she put a hand on her arm, "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah," he mumbled, shaking his head out of it. "You ready to go?" he asked her.

She furrowed her brows before deciding not to worry about it, "Yeah, sure," she took his arm as he led her to his car.