𝐩𝐝 𝟐:𝟐

ɢᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴍʏ ᴄɪɢᴀʀᴇᴛᴛᴇ

ɢᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴍʏ ᴄɪɢᴀʀᴇᴛᴛᴇꜱ

"Hi," Averie smiled at Jay, taking a seat next to him at the bar. "Thanks," she said when he handed her a drink before taking a sip of his own. He looked at her while she sipped her drink, not saying anything. "Stop it," she mumbled.

"Stop what?" he laughed.

"You're staring at me," she stated.

"I am not," he defended, leaning toward her.

"You so are," she laughed.

"Am not," he mumbled against her lips.

"So why are we at a new bar?" she asked him, glancing around. "It's cute."

"You remember Al talking to me last night?" he looked at her. The girl nodded in response. " He told me something."

"He told you what?"

"This- uh- perp we took down, I shot his brother," he started.

"Jay," she rested a hand on his leg.

"The guy put a bounty on my head. 100 grand," he explained.

"Oh- oh my god," she looked at him in shock. "What are you guys doing about it?" she asked.

"We can't do anything unless someone takes on the hit," he told her.

"Jay," Averie looked at him, he could see her eyes glossing over.

"Hey, Aves. I'm gonna be fine, alright? I'm fine," he pulled her into a hug.

"Can- can I do anything?" she asked.

"Can I stay with you for a few days? Until this clears up? I think they know where I live."

She nodded quickly, "Yeah. Of course."

"Thanks," he leaned closer to her to press a kiss to her lips but she saw someone behind him.

"Jay!" she yelled out. She pulled them down just as a few shots rang out in the bar.