Ch.1 - No Time to Die

Start from the beginning

I guess I'm more tired than I thought.

*Creak*

And that's still a thing, of course.

I turned away from the bookshelf and stepped through my bedroom door into the hallway, the lights off casting an eerie glow from the moon, however having walked this corridor for years, I needn't be able to see to get around.

I padded down the hallway towards the stairs, the air much more frigid than in my room. I reached the stairs and glanced at the ticking clock at the wall and for a brief moment, I could have sworn I saw a red and white fan before blinking and found myself staring at the old clock again.

Weird.

*Creak*

I raised an eyebrow as I looked down the stairs and saw a warm light coming from the kitchen and probably where the source of the creaking sound was coming from. There was a good chance that Mum had gotten home and was keeping quiet so as to not wake me up, though... She's never really cared about making noise before...

Might as well get that glass of milk now and say hi, she'll know I couldn't sleep anyway. No clue how, but she always knows. Must be a N̷͚̏î̶̤̠n̶̨̟̐͊j̷̟̟͆a̷͍̼͔͗ mum thing...

Taking one step at a time, I descended the stairs and as I reached the bottom, the creaking seemed to stop and the light was turned off. Pausing, I peaked around the corner into the now dark room and couldn't see anything. Could it really be a ghost?

A shiver went up my body as I walked forward. Face your fears. Ghosts can't touch you anyway... I think.

I looked around the room and couldn't see anything, only the shadows from the tree branches outside strung across the room, but other than that. I saw nobody else there. I stood there for a good 5 minutes waiting for something to happen but nothing did.

Heaving a sign, I walked turned around to back up the stairs, thoughts of milk long gone and just wanting to sleep.

But as soon as I took my first step up the stairs, something tugged on the back of my shirt and pulled me back, sending my flying backwards into the air as the breath was pulled out of me from the sudden movement.

"*Gahg!*" I crashed into the wall and slumped to the ground as a pair of unfamiliar shoes appeared in front of me. Looking up, a man in black stood over me holding a large knife in one hand. "I'm sorry, but I can't risk you telling anyone I was here" A gravelly voice drawled out. Dude, I didn't even know you were there?! Who the fuck are you?!

Of course I didn't say that, and just cowered away from him against the wall, trying to make some distance between us. As he made a step to come closer to me and reached out his free hand, I did the first thing that came to my mind, closed my eyes and kicked upwards.

"Gaugh! You Little Shit!"

As soon as I made contact, the man hunched forward into himself and I took the opportunity to crawl under his arms and make a break for it to the front door. I slammed into the wood from how fast I was running and went for the door handle, however as much as I pushed or pulled, the door would not open.

Hearing heavy footfalls coming towards me, I abandoned the door and ran into the living room where I was hit with a cold chill and looked to the window, the curtains swaying with the wind from the open window.

"Hey, get back here!" the footfalls got louder and and I rushed to the other side of the couch, coming face to face with the intruder, casper wannabe. Both of his hands were supported on the couch and he hunched over, eyes trained on me as he panted with a wince. It was good to know my forced participation in PE was good for something at least.