Chapter 15: Battle in the Colosseum

Начните с самого начала

Next to us, Kars' arrogance only increased as he said "Wamuu has some sort of plan. Show me your fighting genius!" Joseph's confidence didn't falter though, soaking the hammer in oil, he was able to channel Hamon through it as he turned and taunted "Bring it on Wamuu!"

Wamuu began to slow down. Upon noticing this, Kars told us. "This is a fight to the death, not a race. The proper usage of your weapon and your horses is key." I nodded, saying "Understandable." Joseph's plan was obvious, now he would try and draw Wamuu in so he could strike him with the Hamon-infused hammer. 

As much as I hated to admit it, the strategy was TOO obvious. A warrior like Wamuu will have likely seen this coming as well. As Joseph slowed down, Wamuu smirked "You have the hammer, so I'LL grab something ELSE!"

He swung his arm out and smashed through another one of the pillars in the arena. Before it could fall though, he grabbed hold of it and held it exactly like Joseph did with the hammer, as Joseph turned around to gloat "So, Wamuu, are you ready to get slammed with this thing?" He was cut short at the sight of Wammu with the pillar!

The crowd were in hysterics. One Vampire called out "He was so happy with his hammer, but now look at his face!" Lisa Lisa ordered "Speed away JoJo!" Unfortunately, Joseph had already made the mistake of slowing down. He's fallen right into Wamuu's trap. 

Swinging the pillar down, Joseph barely managed to leap out of the way of the incoming attack! He leapt from the chariot and tumbled to the ground, rolling for a moment before coming to a stop. Kars smirked "He fell? I guess the fight ends early."

Wamuu's horses galloped towards Joseph, preparing to trample him to death! Lisa Lisa exclaimed "JOJO!" As I added "Get up!" Wamuu predicted "I give a ninety percent chance he'll be crushed by my horses. There's a five percent chance he'll break left, and a five percent chance he'll break right. Now, what will our cunning warrior do?"

Joseph however, was more focussed worrying about the hammer. I yelled "Forget the hammer! Get out of the way JoJo!" Lisa Lisa stated "He mustn't dodge. Otherwise Wamuu will stop and finish him."

Joseph found his hammer and instead of making an effort to dodge, he rushed forward to the surprise of everyone except myself and Lisa Lisa. He didn't aim for Wamuu or even the horses though. Instead, he latched the hammer onto the bar between the horses!

Using this leverage, he was able to propel himself up and then around, landing on one of Wamuu's horses. For a moment, the Pillar Man was shocked, however he quickly composed himself and in a quick gust of wind, he vanished. Kars stated "Wamuu is always one step ahead of JoJo." What happened next was a shock.

Wamuu emerged, this time from INSIDE the horse Joseph was stood on! He gripped Joseph's leg with a vice-grip. Joseph had to abandon his boot and leap from the horse to escape the surprise attack. Landing on the other horse instead.

Kars scowled as Joseph celebrated "Luck's on my side! This hammer got caught on my ring. Luck is part of being affective! Now look at yourself! Your own power has trapped you inside that horse!"

Once more channelling Hamon through the oil-slicked hammer, Joseph leapt into the air, declaring "Here's Hamon for you and your horse, Wamuu!" He proceeded to swing the weapon down, seemingly, to win then and there. 

But it was clear, this was another trap. Kars remarked "The fool! He doesn't see!" Lisa Lisa exclaimed "Look out JoJo! Stay away from Wamuu!" In an instant, Wamuu emerged from the horse once more, Kars told us "Inside there, Wamuu's hands are free, speed and shaking are no issue. That means..." He trailed off, we both suspected what was coming.

Lisa Lisa worryingly spoke "No one has survived a direct hit! Caesar didn't!" Wamuu announced "You are caught in my DIVINE SANDSTORM!" It happened so quickly, Wamuu's arms started spinning, creating miniature tornados. The sheer force of which sent Joseph flying, blood flying all over the place! So, that was the technique that killed Caesar, now I knew.