T ʜ ɪ ʀ ᴛ ʏ - E ɪ ɢ ʜ ᴛ

Start from the beginning

"Oh I almost forgot, Mira this is my oldest son Sae. And Sae this is Rin's girlfriend Mira."

The woman said kindly. The burgundy haired male raised a brow at that statement. "Girlfriend?" He repeated while eyeing her suspisciously.

The brunette nodded and gave him a nonchalant look. "Rin is finally grown up isn't he? Who would've thought he'd get a partner before you."

Sae looked away in emberrassment as Mira covered her mouth to prevent a chuckle. He scoffed at her reaction and sat down at the table.

While his mother was distracted he began talking.

"Rin's girlfriend huh, that's a surprise. Did they pay you to act?"

The girl scoffed feeling offended. "Now why would you say that?" She asked resting her chin on her hand.

"It's just hard to believe. What did you find in him? A poor, pathetic boy who got traumatized by his older brother?" Sae said trying to provoke her.

Her expression turned into a disgusted one as she glared at him. She stayed quiet allowing him to continue.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but you're just a distraction to him. He'll choose football over you in an instant. You're his second choice. His only goal is to beat me, and until he does that he's not suited to be in a relatioship."

"You sure know a lot about him, considering you've done nothing but ruin his life. You're the one that planted that goal in his head." Mira replied and got up to leave, not wanting to listen to him further.

The boy stayed quiet and looked down at his watch.

"But Mira why not stay? I'm sure Rin will show up soon." Ms. Itoshi said slightly saddened by the girl leaving.

"I'm very sorry, I have to babysit by cousins tonight. I'd love to stay, really but I just can't." The brunette said while grabbing her bag.

The woman gave her a small goodbye hug with a smile. "It's alright you can join us some other time." She said and led her to the door.

She caught a glimce of Sae at the corner of her eye, but didn't pay any attention to him. What he said was enough.

Mira walked home alone, thinking about all the things he said. He was right about some things, like how Rin would choose football over her in an instant. She knew that from the start, even before developing feelings for him.

'Rin needs to focus on his goal, on his career and training. I'm just a distraction. I knew that much already but hearing it from someone else hurt. Maybe I shouldn leave him alone.'

She thought and suddenly noticed a figure at the front of her house.

"Nagi?"

A second figure came out of a fancy car and waved at her. "And Reo?"

"Hey Mira long time no see. We were just looking for you." The purple-haired boy said and gave her a small hug. The lazy boy also walked over and unexpectedly patted her head.

"I still haven't forgotten how you left me at the party." Nagi said making The brunette smile awkwardly.

"Yeah about that... I'm sorry? How did you find my house?" She asked confused.

And then the blonde girl came out of her house. "Can you guess??"

Mira rolled her eyes as they all walked in. She served some coffee for them and caught up with some old stories. "So we're going to the beach on Saturday you guys wanna come?" Sarah asked making Reo smile in excitement.

"That sounds great, right Nagi?" He asked his friend who didn't seem too thrilled.

"What? That sounds like a pain."

The white haired boy said while continueing his game.

"Don't worry I'll convince him, who else is coming?" The purple haired boy asked curiously.

"Well Karasu, Otoya, we're going and Rin might come along but we're not too sure yet." The blonde said as Nagi lifted his head.

"Who's Rin?"

"Nagi we played against him remember?"

"Oh he's Mira's boyfriend." She said making everyone freeze. Reo opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out.

The bruntte turned her gaze away and kicked her friend from under the table. Sarah yelped in pain as the lazy boy glanced at them.

"Really? Since when?"

"I'm really happy for you guys, any other new couples?" The purple haired boy said with a smile.

"Karasu and Sarah are together." The brunette said as the two threw glared at each other.

The blonde smiled and nodded. "Yeah that's all the couples. We should talk about the beach now..."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Author's note

HAPPY 3K READS!!!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT 😭😭😭😭🫶🫶🫶❤️❤️

HAPPY 3K READS!!!!!!THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT 😭😭😭😭🫶🫶🫶❤️❤️